Pro-life advocates, tired of being censored on Facebook and Twitter, are moving to the new social media platform Parler in huge numbers.
On Tuesday, Parler, which emphasizes free speech as its mission, announced that it gained 4.5 million new users since last week.
“People from all walks of life, fed up with opaque, biased content curation, inconsistent agenda-driven fact checking, and manipulative algorithms built on data mining, are joining Parler to speak free,” CEO John Matze said in a statement.
The social media site saw eight times its average daily activity this week, compared to a week ago, Matze said. He said the session activity increased 20 times during the same time period.
According to Newsbusters, Parler currently is the top app being downloaded on the App Store, and prominent media personalities like Fox Business anchor Maria Bartiromo are using it as their primary social media platform.
“I’m not going to be dropping any scoops on Twitter anymore. I’m going to be promoting my guests and my shows,” Bartiromo said. “But it is Parler where you will find real stories and the things I’m working on and my opinions on things.”
Follow LifeNews on the Parler social media network for the latest pro-life news!
LifeNews.com also saw a large increase in followers on Parler this fall as reports of censorship by Facebook and Twitter grew. On Facebook, LifeNews’s traffic was throttled repeatedly with biased “fact checks.”
In October, the Susan B. Anthony List said Facebook banned two of its ads exposing Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’s support for late-term abortion in the key battleground states of Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, based on a factually incorrect third-party “fact check.”
The Media Research Center also found that Twitter censored President Donald Trump and his campaign 111 times since 2018, while it did not censor pro-abortion Democrat Joe Biden at all.
And in November, Facebook censored an Illinois pro-life organization that is trying to raise money to help pregnant women and babies.
Matze said he believes these problems are the reason why so many people are coming to Parler.
“Facebook and Twitter’s suppression of election information was a catalyst, causing many people to lose their trust,” he said. “Together we will continue to stand up to cancel culture, defy authoritarian content curation, and reclaim the Internet as a free and open town square. Let’s continue to Parley—to decide what to read, write, and think for ourselves.”
Recent examples of censorship on Facebook and Twitter include:
- Facebook Blocks Pro-Life Pregnancy Center from Fundraising to Help Pregnant Women
- Facebook censors pro-life marketing agency (Pregnancy Help News)
- Facebook Censors Pro-Life Ad Showing How Abortion Pill Kills Babies, Injures Women
- Facebook Censors Pro-Lifers, Ignores Liberal Post Wanting Pro-Life Republicans to “Die”
- Facebook Censors Pro-Life Page for Calling Planned Parenthood an “Abortion Business”
- City Takes Down Pro-Life Group’s Bus Ads after Abortion Activists Complain
- Billboard Companies are Censoring Pro-Life Billboards Like This One: “Abortion Endangers Us”
- Facebook Censors Interview With Woman Who Miraculously Survived an Abortion
- Instagram Censors Planned Parenthood Meme: We Kill More Black Babies in 2 Weeks Than the KKK Lynched in a Century
- Instagram Removed Christian Writer’s Comic Strip Comparing Abortion to Slavery
- Instagram Blocked the Entire Daily Caller News Account Briefly, Claimed It Was an Accident
- Facebook Tags Pro-Life Group as False News for Saying Abortion is Never Medically Necessary
- Instagram Censors LifeNews Post about Babies with Down Syndrome
- Twitter Censors President Trump’s Pro-Life Video Featuring Pictures of Unborn Babies
- Twitter Suspended “Unplanned” Movie’s Account, Then Its Followers Mysteriously Disappeared
- Woman With Down Syndrome Says Twitter Suspended Her Account for Tweets Opposing Abortion
- Twitter Censors Pro-Life Group: “No Advertiser is Permitted to Use the Phrase ‘Killing Babies’”
- Pinterest Caught Listing Top Pro-Life Website as Porn to Censor Its Content
- Twitter Censors Pro-Life Group’s Ads about Defunding Planned Parenthood