New documents obtained by the Washington Free Beacon reveal how the Planned Parenthood abortion business in Connecticut wanted to sell the intact brains of aborted babies to the University of Connecticut. The abortion company ultimately could not provide the fetal brains for research to the university because the method of late-term abortion used did not leave the brain intact enough to be useful for scientists.
The Free Beacon obtained documents showing communications between Dr. Nada Zecevic, a neuroscientist at UConn, and officials at Planned Parenthood. Researchers at the University of Connecticut studying brain development had been obtianing two intact fetal brains per month from aborted babies from Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
But when the college could no longer provide the aborted babies’ brains for research, UConn turned to Planned Parenthood and the abortion business was happy to look into the feasibility of selling aborted baby brains to the university, as shown in the documents:
“I am starting to gather information to see if we can accommodate your request,” wrote Sally Hellerman, director of medical services at the affiliate in an email dated June 21, 2011. The subject line read “products of conception from Planned Parenthood.”
“When we did this with Yale, they only took a small quantity of villi so we were able to send the remainder to the lab for a pathology reading,” she said. “Could you find out if someone at UConn could produce a pathology report on the specimens we ‘donate’?”
“How many specimens do you want and how often?” Hellerman asked.
A UConn official explained to Planned Parenthood that it had been purchasing a “whole hemisphere” of brains and that it could not accept fetal tissue from babies who had bee aborted with any chemical solution because it hurt the integrity of the brains used in research.
“Having good tissue once per month would be excellent (we can even skip some months, so 8-10 times per year),” she said. “I do not know the exact method how it is done in your clinic and a lot depends on this (injecting solutions is not good). May be we can meet and discuss that in more details.”
The Free Beacon reported that Planned Parenthood looked seriously into selling aborted baby brains and the specifics of how they could be obtained and sold to UConn.
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ
Hellerman followed up the next day with details of what Planned Parenthood Federation of America requires for tissue donation.
“Patients will need to sign an informed consent,” she wrote. “The doc performing the abortion will need to chart that aborted tissue was donated, consent was obtained, and there was no substantive alteration in the timing of terminating the pregnancy or of the method used.”
“None of these are insurmountable,” Hellerman said.
Ultimately, because of the abortion method employed at Planned Parenthood, the abortion company had to turn down UConn’s request to purchase aborted baby brains.
“I spoke with Dr. Spurell yesterday, and he crashed all my hopes,” Zecevic said. “Apparently the procedure that is done does not leave intact tissue, and there is nothing we can use. Thanks anyhow for your time and attempts to make this work.”
The documents provide additional proof that Planned Parenthood has been in the business of selling or attempting to sell the brains of aborted babies for research. The 7th video in the series of videos produced by the Center for Medical Progress first brought the allegations to light. That video caught the nation’s biggest abortion business harvesting the brain of an aborted baby who was still alive.
The video (SHOWN BELOW) features Holly O’Donnell, a licensed phlebotomist who unsuspectingly took a job as a “procurement technician” at the fetal tissue company and biotech start-up StemExpress in late 2012. That’s the company that acts as a middleman and purchases the body parts of aborted babies from Planned Parenthood to sell to research universities and other places. StemExpress was partnered with Planned Parenthood up until last week, when it quietly announced it ended its relationship with the abortion corporation.
The new video includes O’Donnell’s eyewitness narrative of the daily practice of fetal body parts harvesting in Planned Parenthood abortion clinics. She tells the harrowing story of harvesting an intact brain from a late-term male unborn baby whose heart was still beating after the abortion.
O’Donnell describes the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term baby aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, California.
“‘I want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of the eleven videos:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- The 11th video: shows the abortion doctor for Planned Parenthood in Austin, Texas, Amna Dermish, describing a partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.