On Tuesday, February 21, the abortion lobby released their ballot initiative’s language to enshrine abortion into Ohio’s constitution. The language would allow for abortion with no restrictions and possibly remove all pro-life regulations currently enacted. Abortion access advocates unveil language for possible November vote.
Who are the Key Players?
The first group is Ohioans For Reproductive Freedom, which is a group formed by the ACLU of Ohio, Abortion Fund of Ohio, New Voices for Reproductive Justice, Ohio Women’s Alliance, Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio, Preterm-Cleveland, Pro-Choice Ohio, and URGE. OFRF has hired an out-of-state General Counsel named Mission Control, Inc.
The second group of abortion activists, Ohio Physicians for Reproductive Rights, is made up of less than 4 percent of physicians throughout Ohio.
Organizing resistance to defeat these measures to protect Ohio’s Constitution and defend the preborn includes a vast coalition of pro-life groups.
In an interview on January 20th on the Radio Show Sunny95, Dr. Lauren Beene, spokesperson from Ohio Physicians for Reproductive Rights admitted that the ballot initiative would allow abortion through all nine months of pregnancy by never committing to a date in which abortion should be banned. She remarked:
- “If a baby cannot survive without extreme medical interventions, that would be a point that abortion should be a reasonable option. So, it’s not so much an age or a date, but if the fetus can survive…”
- “If the mother’s life is at risk beyond that point [viability], then that is a different story…So if that is at peril [mother’s life after viability], then that would also be a time when abortion can be considered…”
- “There is no such thing as a late-term abortion…”
To listen to the full interview, listen here: Stream Abortion Rights, Pt. 1 by Sunny 95
Listen online for free on SoundCloud
How you can help.
1. Pray: Daily, commit to pray at 7:14 a.m. and 7:14 p.m. in the spirit of 2 Chronicles 7:14 which states: “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, pray, seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
2. Volunteer: Visit ohiolife.org or your local pro-life organization and sign up to help us defend the Constitution and preborn children in our state.
3. Donate: To compete in a state like Ohio we will need to raise millions of dollars for the campaign and paid advertising. Consider donating at ohiolife.org/donate or your favorite pro-life organization.
4. Educate: Start locally by informing your pastor, priest and church about the upcoming ballot initiative. Recruit volunteers to help in the cause!