New York City Promotes “Abortion Tourism,” Come Here to Kill Your Baby

National   |   Micaiah Bilger   |   Jan 16, 2023   |   12:07PM   |   New York, NY

New York lawmakers keep finding new ways to put pressure on pregnant mothers to abort their unborn babies.

Having one of the highest abortion rates in the U.S. and more abortions than births among African Americans in New York City apparently are not enough. Now, New York City leaders are buying abortion pills to distribute at city health clinics, the New York Post reports.

“Abortion, unfortunately, is New York’s answer to everything concerning pregnancy,” Dennis Poust, executive director of the New York State Catholic Conference, told the newspaper. “Abortion is promoted as a social good. Why won’t New York help pregnant women who wish to keep their babies bring them to term and escape poverty?”

According to a legal notice from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Health, the city just established a contract with Nixon-Shane LLC/ R&S Northeast LLC. to buy mifepristone, an abortion drug used to kill unborn babies up to 10 weeks of pregnancy, for city health clinics.

Poust and others spoke out against the plan, reminding the public that abortions intentionally and unnecessarily kill innocent human beings and New York City leaders plan to use tax dollars to pay to have even more unborn babies killed.

Gerald Kassar, chair of the New York Conservative Party, slammed the move as “abortion tourism.”

“This is abortion tourism. New York has gone way too extreme on abortion,” Kassar told the Post. “We respect the sanctity of life. We believe life begins at conception and government funds should not be used for abortion.”

Follow on Instagram for pro-life pictures and videos.

Here’s more from the report:

In the public notice, the health department said it’s buying the abortion pill “to mitigate the threat to public health posed by the recent Supreme Court decision that overturned Roe vs Wade, which provided a constitutional right to abortion.” …

[Mayor Eric] Adams signed a law passed by the City Council last year requiring the health department to offer federal medicine for medication abortions, at no cost to patients, at city-run health clinics, with $1 million made available to boost abortion access.

The city claimed the abortion pills are safe and their effects are “usually mild,” lasting “between a couple of days and two weeks,” according to the report.

However, a new Canadian study adds to growing research that shows the abortion drug mifepristone is dangerous for mothers as well as unborn babies. According to NRLC, the study found the complication rate for the abortion drug was more than twice as high as surgical abortions, and about 10 percent of patients visited the hospital emergency room.

Another study found about one in 17 women required hospital treatment after taking the abortion drugs.

Along with millions of unborn babies’ deaths, the FDA has linked mifepristone to at least 26 women’s deaths and 4,000 serious complications between 2000 and 2018. However, under President Barack Obama, the FDA stopped requiring that non-fatal complications from mifepristone be reported. So the numbers almost certainly are much higher.

New York already has some of the most liberal abortion laws and highest abortion rates in the country. According to the Guttmacher Institute, the abortion rate in New York is double the national average.

New York City is a particularly terrible place for unborn babies. According to the city Health Department, 49,784 unborn babies were aborted in 2019 in the city alone. Often, the number of unborn African American babies who are aborted in New York City is higher than the number of babies who are born in a year.

These unborn babies’ deaths were both violent and unnecessary. National research by the Charlotte Lozier Institute found that 96 percent of unborn babies are aborted for elective reasons. The remaining 4 percent were because of rape/incest, fetal abnormalities, or mothers who had physical health risks.