Mom Sues Planned Parenthood After Giving Birth to Dead 30-Week-Old Baby in a Toilet

National   |   Micaiah Bilger   |   Oct 25, 2022   |   4:52PM   |   Washington, DC

A traumatized young mother is suing Planned Parenthood after giving birth to her late-term unborn baby in a toilet, saying she never would have aborted her son if the abortion chain had provided her with basic medical care, such as a physical exam or an ultrasound.

Live Action News first reported about the lawsuit this week from the young New York woman, “Jane Doe.” According to the lawsuit, her baby, a son referred to by the initials J.T., died as a result of the abortion; he was nearly full term, between 30 weeks and 36 weeks of pregnancy.

Doe said Planned Parenthood abortionist Meera Shah estimated she was only about six weeks of pregnancy.

At the time, Doe was an 18-year-old college student. On May 4, 2020, she received abortion information from Shah and nurse practitioner Abigail Mensah in a 15-minute telehealth conference, according to the lawsuit. Shah estimated her pregnancy date based on when Doe said she had her last period, but Doe never received a physical exam or an ultrasound prior to the abortion, the lawsuit alleges.

The abortion drugs mifepristone and misoprostol, which are prescribed together, are only supposed to be used to abort unborn babies up to 10 weeks of pregnancy. However, abortion facilities in the U.S. and England now allow the drugs to be prescribed via telehealth or through the mail without ever examining the patient. As a result, there are a growing number of reports of women giving birth to late-term babies at home after taking the drugs.

According to the lawsuit, Doe never signed any consent forms either during the telehealth appointment or at Planned Parenthood Spring Valley when she stopped in to pick up the abortion pills later that day.

Get the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter.

That evening after Doe took the abortion pills at home, she “began experiencing painful cramping and pressure” and “went into full labor in the early morning hours of May 5,” the lawsuit states.

It continues:

Plaintiff experienced extreme and painful accelerated changes to her body, including a vaginal laceration or tear, as the delivery progressed. At approximately 3:00 am, while sitting on the toilet, Plaintiff gave birth to a fully formed, stillborn baby boy named J.T.

Plaintiff was shocked and traumatized when she saw the lifeless, fully-formed baby in the toilet covered in mucous, blood, and the placenta.”

When Doe called Planned Parenthood and told them about the size of her baby, the lawsuit alleges she was told to go to the White Plains Planned Parenthood, not the local hospital emergency room.

There, when staff saw the baby boy’s body, they tried to “dispose of J.T. and told her not to call law enforcement,” the lawsuit states.

“Defendants advised Plaintiff that they would dispose of J.T., further upsetting Plaintiff and her family. Plaintiff, just hours post-partum and in shock, was made to wait for many hours at the White Plains Center. Defendants told Plaintiff not to call law enforcement,” the lawsuit continues.

Only then did Shah perform an ultrasound and physical examination of Doe, according to the lawsuit; and when she examined J.T.’s body, Shah estimated the baby boy was between 33 weeks and 36 weeks of pregnancy, nearly full term.

Later, an autopsy estimated the baby boy was about 30 weeks along and had been healthy; the abortion was determined to be his cause of death, according to the lawsuit.

In the lawsuit, Doe said she refused to allow Planned Parenthood to dispose of J.T.’s body, and “a family member contacted law enforcement authorities for assistance.”

When Planned Parenthood staffers spoke with authorities, the lawsuit accuses them of making “misleading statements … including the indisputably untrue statement that Plaintiff was ‘examined’ and that Plaintiff decided on her own to bring J.T. across county lines.”

Doe said she has suffered extreme trauma and anguish, as well as physical pain “including laceration and an accelerated labor and delivery unaided by medication, lactation, soreness, and bleeding,” the lawsuit states.

The young woman “had no intention of aborting a near-term baby,” did not consent to it and “would not have aborted a near-term baby or any baby after her first trimester,” the lawsuit states.

According to Live Action, the lawsuit was filed Jan. 20, 2021, and there are no more recent documents in the case, indicating it probably has been sealed.

LifeNews Note: File photo.