The pro-life group Heartbeats conducted a survey of post-abortive women. They asked the women what they experienced after their abortion(s).
- 92% experience an emotional deadening, either feeling less in touch with their emotions or feeling a “need to stifle their emotions.”
- 86% have an increased tendency toward anger or rage (48% reported they became more violent when angered).
- 86% fear others learning of the abortion, and have a greater sense of fear in general.
- 82% feel intense feelings of loneliness or isolation.
- 75% said they are less self-confident.
- 73% indicate some sexual dysfunction (increased pain during intercourse, promiscuity, rigidity, or loss of pleasure).
- 63% experience denial, the average period of denial that they reported was 5.25 years.
- 58% have insomnia or nightmares.
- 57% have difficulty in maintaining or developing relationships.
- 56% experience suicidal feelings.
- 53% increased or began using drugs and/or alcohol to deaden the pain.
- 39% reported eating disorders that began after the abortion.
- 28% attempted suicide.
Wayne Mcghie The Right to Choose (2022) pp.40 – 4.
LifeNews.com Note: Sarah Terzo is a pro-life liberal who runs ClinicQuotes.com, a web site devoted to exposing the abortion industry. She is a member of the pro-life groups Pro-Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians and Secular Pro-Life. Follow her on Twitter and Facebook.