The popular social media platform TikTok banned pro-life leader Lila Rose on Thursday and censored her organization Live Action from reaching new people with the truth about unborn babies.
Rose, the president and founder of Live Action, said TikTok accused her organization of running ads “driven by partisan political motives.” However, she said the platform still allows the abortion chain Planned Parenthood and other pro-abortion groups to run ads.
“Unfortunately, censorship is nothing new to us,” Rose said. “Large technology companies play an ever larger role in our lives, including by deciding what information we come in contact with. We must rise against this unjust censorship.”
LifeNews is on GETTR. Please follow us for the latest pro-life news
Tiktok reps refuse to approve any of our ads.
Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has active ads running on Tiktok with clear political motives.
Tiktok has allowed over $80,000 in ads in the last month to run unhindered, per @Digiday.
Here’s a screenshot of an active ad: pic.twitter.com/sFZWELO6ZM
— Lila Rose (@LilaGraceRose) August 4, 2022
Live Action, which also has been censored on Twitter and Pinterest, strives to reach young people online with the truth about unborn babies and abortion, especially on social media platforms that are full of pro-abortion propaganda.
On TikTok, people still can find Live Action if they search for it, but the pro-life organization said it is no longer allowed to advertise to reach new viewers and Rose’s personal account has been completely banned.
Live Action has more than half a million followers on the platform, and its individual posts reach tens of thousands of people with information about an unborn baby’s development, abortion procedures, pro-abortion myths, support for pregnant moms and more.
These posts now are being censored while the billion-dollar abortion chain Planned Parenthood is not.
“Planned Parenthood is allowed to freely run pro-abortion ads to these impressionable young men and women on TikTok, while Live Action’s ads that save the lives of preborn children have been completely censored,” the organization responded Thursday.
Rose also noted that TikTok receives Section 230 immunity from the federal government as a “platform,” but the company is instead acting as a “partisan publisher” by banning opposing points of view.
The pro-life organization urged the company to stop the censorship and allow Live Action to continue advertising to reach new viewers.
Online censorship is a growing problem. In July, YouTube announced a new global policy to censor videos that mention infertility and breast cancer as potential risks of abortion, despite numerous studies confirming the risks.
Last month, Facebook removed the Abortion Pill Reversal page run by Heartbeat International, which informs women about the life-saving treatment. Google also banned ads for the life-saving treatment on its platform last fall.
Other censorship of pro-lifers includes:
- TikTok Bans Students for Life, Censors Pro-Life Free Speech
- Big Tech Takes Down Texas Right to Life Web Site a Second Time So It Can’t Save Babies From Abortion
- GoDaddy Takes Down Texas Pro-Life Group’s Web Site, So They’ll Just Open It Somewhere Else
- Facebook Blocks Pregnancy Center from Fundraising to Help Pregnant Women With Abortion Alternatives
- Facebook censors pro-life marketing agency (Pregnancy Help News)
- NBC Tries to Get Google to Ban Pro-Life Web Site Because It Opposes BlackLivesMatter
- Facebook Censors Pro-Life Ad Showing How Abortion Pill Kills Babies, Injures Women
- Facebook Censors Pro-Lifers, Ignores Liberal Post Wanting Pro-Life Republicans to “Die”
- Facebook Censors Pro-Life Page for Calling Planned Parenthood an “Abortion Business”
- City Takes Down Pro-Life Group’s Bus Ads after Abortion Activists Complain
- Billboard Companies are Censoring Pro-Life Billboards Like This One: “Abortion Endangers Us”
- Facebook Censors Interview With Woman Who Miraculously Survived an Abortion
- Instagram Censors Planned Parenthood Meme: We Kill More Black Babies in 2 Weeks Than the KKK Lynched in a Century
- Instagram Removed Christian Writer’s Comic Strip Comparing Abortion to Slavery
- Instagram Blocked the Entire Daily Caller News Account Briefly, Claimed It Was an Accident
- Facebook Tags Pro-Life Group as False News for Saying Abortion is Never Medically Necessary
- Instagram Censors LifeNews Post about Babies with Down Syndrome
- Twitter Censors President Trump’s Pro-Life Video Featuring Pictures of Unborn Babies
- Twitter Suspended “Unplanned” Movie’s Account, Then Its Followers Mysteriously Disappeared
- Woman With Down Syndrome Says Twitter Suspended Her Account for Tweets Opposing Abortion
- Twitter Censors Pro-Life Group: “No Advertiser is Permitted to Use the Phrase ‘Killing Babies’”
- Pinterest Caught Listing Top Pro-Life Website as Porn to Censor Its Content
- Twitter Censors Pro-Life Group’s Ads about Defunding Planned Parenthood