Gerson Fuentes, the illegal alien accused of raping and impregnating a 10-year-old girl in a controversial rape-abortion case will be held without bond.
Fuentes, 27, appeared in Franklin County Court of Common Pleas in handcuffs.He previously pleaded not guilty to two charges of raping a minor under 13 and, at the time, prosecuted said they would seek to detain him without bail.
Judge Julie Lynch granted the request today, saying it was an easy decision because Fuentes has been connected biologically to the girl’s aborted baby.
“The DNA confirms by 99.99% that he had intercourse with this child,” Lynch said. “The nature of the charges are life prison without the possibility of parole. That in and of itself makes the defendant a flight risk.”
Columbus police Det. Jeffrey Huhn testified about the case before Franklin County Common Pleas Court Judge Julie Lynch on Thursday morning, saying the child had identified Fuentes as the man who assaulted her and providing a clearer timeline of the investigation into the case.
Huhn said preliminary DNA testing shows that there’s a “99.99% probability” that Fuentes is the biological father of the “product of conception.”
Please follow LifeNews.com on Gab for the latest pro-life news and info, free from social media censorship.
Huhn testified that Franklin County Children Services received a referral on June 22 regarding the child being pregnant and made a report to Columbus police. The girl underwent a forensic interview on June 23, at which point she did not acknowledge being assaulted or identify an alleged perpetrator.
Huhn testified that Fuentes was not able to be found in any law enforcement databases or any footprint of his being in the country legally.
“It’s hard to move around as an adult without a footprint,” Huhn testified.
Assistant Franklin County Prosecutor Dan Meyer said that Fuentes should be held without bond because of the potential risk Fuentes poses to the community, as well as his likelihood of appearing at future hearings.
Meanwhile, during the hearing, Judge Lynch said that the national controversy over the abortion added to the mental duress the girl is facing.
“At today’s Gerson Fuentes bond hearing, the judge suggests that the out-of-state abortion becoming “a national hot point” to the extent of President Biden referring to the rape case was part of the “mental and emotional trauma” the 10-year-old Ohio child endured,” Town Hall reporter Mia Cathell noted.
“This man lived in the home with this child. To allow him to return to that home, the traumatic and psychological impact would be undeserving to the alleged victim,” the judge says during Fuentes’s bond hearing today. pic.twitter.com/i0vOpTt9dQ
— Mia Cathell (@MiaCathell) July 28, 2022
The case of a 10-year-old girl who was allegedly raped in Ohio and reportedly was taken to Indiana for an abortion has made national news as abortion supporters exploit the case to promote abortion on demand.
Abortionist Caitlin Bernard reportedly killed the baby in this particular abortion on June 30, according to records obtained by The Epoch Times. There has been some question as to whether or not she complied with all state reporting requirements for cases of rape and incest.
“She reported it to state health authorities within three days, as state law requires, although it remains unclear if she followed other mandatory reporting requirements by notifying the Indiana Department of Child Services,” Epoch Times reports.
Attorney General Todd Rokita has been investigating the case and any potential violation of those rape reporting requirements. One concern is that Bernard listed the rapists’ age at 17 even though illegal immigrant Gerson Fuentes, who has confessed to the rape, is 27.
“The failure to do so constitutes a crime in Indiana, and her behavior could also affect her licensure. Additionally, if a HIPAA violation did occur, that may affect next steps as well. I will not relent in the pursuit of the truth,” Rokita said in an earlier statement.
Follow LifeNews on the Parler social media network for the latest pro-life news!
Bernard is affiliated with Indiana University and it conducted a review that conclude she did not violate any reporting laws. Her attorney Kathleen DeLaney eventually sent Rokita a cease and desist letter telling him to stop making any false claims about Bernard — something he vehemently denies doing.
This case is not the first time Bernard may have failed to properly report a potential rape case involving a minor girl.
As LifeNews reported in 2018, nine abortion practitioners apparently failed to file such reports in 48 cases involving girls as young as 12-years-old. Bernard is one of the nine aboritonists accused of failing to comply properly.
According to information Indiana Right to Life provided LifeNews, some of the girls under 16 who had abortions that weren’t reported to DCS were as young as 12 and 13. The alleged 48 instances of failure to report occurred since July 1, 2017. The 48 consumer complaints were filed with former Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill and the Indiana State Department of Health. The Marion, Lake, Tippecanoe and Monroe county prosecutors have also been notified.
Two members of Congress, including Rokita who was in the House at the time, called for investigations. However, after the accusations were made nothing ever came of them.
Indiana law requires reporting of abortions on girls under 16 to the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) and the Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS) within three days of the abortion so that authorities can investigate potential child sex abuse.
In Indiana, it’s a crime for a person 18 or over to engage in any sexual activity with a child under age 16. Indiana lawmakers clarified state reporting requirements in 2017, instructing abortion doctors to report all abortions on girls under 16 to ISDH and DCS within three days of the abortion. Prior to July 1, 2017, state law explicitly required the reporting of abortions on girls under 14.
Cathie Humbarger, Vice President of Policy Enforcement for Indiana Right to Life told LifeNews at the time: “The 48 complaints represent a widespread problem throughout Indiana’s abortion industry. These nine abortion doctors must be held accountable. Their alleged negligence has further victimized the children suffering at the hands of their perpetrators. We call on the Indiana Medical Licensing Board, the Indiana State Department of Health and local prosecutors to take appropriate action against these abortion doctors, including review of their medical licenses and fines for each non-report. Possible cover-up of child sexual abuse cannot be tolerated. An immediate suspension of licenses for abortion facilities may be in order pending a complete investigation.”
The new information followed on the heels of a massive expose’ of the Planned Parenthood abortion business and its long history of failing to report child sex abuse and sexual assault against underage girls to authorities.