Rep. Scott Franklin wants to close any loophole that could allow the abortion industry to profit from the harvesting of aborted baby body parts.
The Daily Wire reports the Florida Republican recently introduced legislation that would ban abortion facilities from receiving reimbursements, gifts, payments or other compensation for aborted baby body parts. Violators would be punished with fines and up to 10 years in prison.
Franklin said his bill would close a loophole in a 1993 federal law that bans the sales of aborted baby body parts.
“Abortion providers should never be allowed to profit off the death of innocent victims,” he told The Daily Wire. “The fact that they can exploit a loophole in the law to do so is a terrible congressional oversight that should have been addressed years ago.”
Many believe Planned Parenthood and other abortion facilities are exploiting a loophole in the 1993 law that allows them to receive money for shipping and handling, storage and other costs associated with preparing the aborted baby’s body parts for “donation” to scientific research.
According to the Daily Wire, Franklin’s bill would amend the current law so that abortion facilities cannot receive “any payment made or debt incurred,” “any gift, honorarium, or recognition of value bestowed,” “any price, charge, or fee which is waived, forgiven, reduced, or indefinitely delayed,” “any loan or debt which is canceled or otherwise forgiven,” “the transfer of any item from one person to another or provision of any service or granting of any opportunity for which a charge is customarily made, without charge or for a reduced charge,” “and any payments associated with the transportation, implantation, processing, preservation, quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue.’’
The bill has a number of Republican co-sponsors and the support of the Susan B. Anthony List, according to the report.
Please follow LifeNews.com on Gab for the latest pro-life news and info, free from social media censorship.
Several years ago, the Center for Medical Progress and journalist David Daleiden shocked the nation with a series of undercover videos about the aborted baby body parts harvesting at Planned Parenthood and other abortion facilities across the U.S. It led to numerous state and federal investigations and the shut-down of two biotech companies connected to Planned Parenthood in California.
The undercover videos damaged Planned Parenthood’s reputation when they revealed the abortion giant’s baby body parts operation. Not only did the Center for Medical Progress investigation raise concerns about potentially illegal sales of human body parts, but it also uncovered evidence of abortionists allegedly putting women’s lives at risk by altering abortion procedures to better harvest aborted babies’ body parts. The investigators also found evidence of alleged patient privacy violations.
Planned Parenthood, the National Abortion Federation and others repeatedly have denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot their claim that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.