It has been 49 years since the tragic U.S. Supreme Court decision Roe v. Wade went into effect. In light of that sobering milestone, I have come up with 49 ways that the pro-life movement is making a profound impact on our nation.
1. Women who have had abortions and who now regret them are speaking up about their traumatic decision.
2. Men who have suffered the loss of children through abortion are discussing their lost fatherhood.
3. Grandparents are recognizing the incredible gift they lost due to abortion.
4. Healing ministries such as Rachel’s Vineyard are providing hope to families impacted by abortion.
5. Pregnancy resource centers are providing comprehensive counseling and material support to pregnant women in challenging circumstances.
6. The Hyde Amendment, which bans taxpayer funding of abortion except in rare circumstances, is estimated to have saved more than two million lives.
LifeNews depends on the support of readers like you to combat the pro-abortion media. Please donate now.
7. Technology such as 4D Ultrasound has provided a window to the womb, helping to strengthen the bond between mother and child and saving lives.
8. Medical advances have allowed doctors to save premature babies at ever-earlier stages of development.
9. The movie “Unplanned” moved people’s hearts to embrace the pro-life cause.
10. The film “Gosnell” shed light on an abortionist’s horrific crimes against humanity.
11. The movie known as Roe v. Wade enlightened minds and touched hearts.
12. Pro-life marches and rallies in local communities are focusing renewed attention on the cause of life.
13. 40 Days for Life’s prayerful and peaceful presence outside abortion facilities has helped abortion workers find a way out of the abortion industry.
14. National Right to Life’s state affiliates are passing meaningful pro-life legislation that is holding the abortion industry accountable while saving lives.
15. Parental consent laws have helped to dramatically reduce teen abortions.
16. Websites such as TeenBreaks.com are providing meaningful information and resources to pregnant teens in difficult circumstances.
17. Events such as the National Right to Life Convention have helped to energize and focus the pro-life movement.
18. National Right to Life local chapters are educating people in their local communities about the development of the preborn child.
19. High school and college students are bringing vitality and a new perspective to the pro-life movement.
20. Informed consent laws are giving pregnant women the information they need about fetal development and alternatives to abortion.
21. Solid scientific research is educating Americans about the physical and psychological risks of abortion.
22. Compassionate assistance for pregnant women in challenging circumstances is only a text or phone call away.
23. Strict constructionist judges, dedicated to the Constitution rather than pro-abortion politics, were appointed to the Supreme Court in recent years.
24. Public opinion polls show the vast majority of Americans oppose taxpayer funding of abortion.
25. Polls also show that a majority of Americans oppose most abortions.
26. Pro-life marches and rallies in local communities are focusing renewed attention on the cause of life.
27. The pro-life movement has placed a spotlight on the tremendous potential of children with Down syndrome and other disabilities.
28. African-American leaders are drawing attention to the devastation abortion has caused in minority communities.
29. Dedicated volunteers are bringing vital pro-life education into schools across the nation.
30. Celebrities such as actress Patricia Heaton are using their platforms to promote a life-affirming message.
31. Pro-life advocates are illuminating the cause through social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
32. Pro-life podcasts are introducing a new generation to the cause of life.
33. Pro-life videos on YouTube are educating people throughout cyberspace.
34. Investigative journalists such as David Daleiden are exposing the atrocities of the harvesting of baby body parts.
35. The “word police” have yet to silence the phrase “pro-life.”
36. Disability rights activists are successfully stopping assisted suicide legislation in numerous states.
37. From diaper drives to parenting classes, the pro-life movement is proving itself as a “pro-love” movement.
38. The pro-life movement empowers women to make life-affirming decisions for themselves and their families.
39. Pro-life news outlets such as National Right to Life News Today publish daily updates about the successes of the pro-life movement.
40. So many one-time advocates of abortion, such as NARAL co-founder Dr. Bernard Nathanson, became pro-life.
41. The National Right to Life Oratory Contest is showcasing the rhetorical talents of young pro-life advocates.
42. The National Right to Life Essay Contest is helping students hone their pro-life argumentation.
43. The “pro-life advantage” helped to elect numerous state lawmakers in recent years.
44. A new contingent of pro-life women are gracing the halls of Congress as a result of the 2020 election.
45. The pro-life movement welcomes people of all faiths, or no faith at all, to join us in our mission of care and compassion.
46. The first-of-its-kind, state-funded alternatives to abortion program administered by Real Alternatives, has served more than 330,000 women and their families.
47. Abortion pill reversal is saving lives and saving women from the trauma of abortion.
48. Year after year, the pro-life movement gives voice to the voiceless in the halls of Congress and the corridors of state Capitols.
49. A reversal of Roe v. Wade is within sight.
LifeNews.com Note: Maria Gallagher is the Legislative Director and Political Action Committee Director for the Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation and she has written and reported for various broadcast and print media outlets, including National Public Radio, CBS Radio, and AP Radio.