The day after NewsBusters published a study showing the broadcast evening newscasts were smothering Governor Andrew Cuomo’s (D-NY) nursing home malfeasance with the allegations of sexual harassment against him, ABC, CBS, and NBC were no longer interested in either story even though a sixth accuser had come forward earlier in the day. Worse yet for Cuomo, there was new reporting that he had issued a similar order for facilities for people with developmental disabilities that went unmentioned.
They also omitted how his publisher stopped printing his book and the families of his nursing home victims were demanding he “forfeit” the money he made.
So-far, the sixth accuser had not been identified and “has not filed a formal complaint with the governor’s office,” but her allegations had been passed along to Cuomo’s lawyers and State Attorney General Letitia James (D), who recently appointed a team of investigators.
“A sixth woman has leveled allegations of sexually inappropriate conduct against Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, accusing him of touching her without consent late last year during an encounter at the governor’s mansion,” reported the Albany Times Union.
Creepily, Cuomo’s latest accuser came from Cuomo’s “Executive Chamber staff” and allegedly happened in the executive mansion. “The alleged incident took place after the woman, a member of the governor’s Executive Chamber staff, had been summoned to the mansion to assist the governor with a work-related matter,” the paper wrote.
At a Tuesday conference call with the press, the Governor said he was “not aware” of his new accuser and denied ever being inappropriate with women. As Fox News reported (click “expand”):
“I’m not aware of any of that claim,” the governor said. “I never touched anyone inappropriately. As I said last week, I never made any inappropriate advances. Said last week no one ever told. Me at the time that I made them feel uncomfortable. Obviously, there are people who said after the fact they felt uncomfortable. Nobody told me at that at the time,” Cuomo said. He then called to let the attorney general’s independent investigation play out to “get the facts.”
The location of the alleged incident was the executive mansion. It was the same mansion where CBS Sunday Morning host Jane Pauley openly flirted with Cuomo during a gushy interview last year. She even giggled to the “available” “bachelor” about how nice his house was.
“You are a bachelor, you’ve got a nice house here, having a moment, and you can’t do a thing with it. Is your social life in a phase one relationship, possibly? Is that an unfortunate set of circumstances,” she asked.
The broadcast network omissions of Cuomo’s scandals came just as the scope of his poor pandemic leadership widened to include facilities for those with developmental disabilities, where 525 people had died. According to Fox News, “a similar directive” to his nursing home order was still in place for such facilities and state Republican lawmakers were concerned about a similar plot to cover-up the death toll.
There were also reports that Cuomo’s book, American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the Covid-19 Pandemic, which was lauded by the liberal media, was no longer being printed by Crown Publishing while the federal investigation was underway.
Speaking of Cuomo’s book, families of Cuomo’s nursing home victims called on the embattled Governor to “forfeit” his book deal money to build a memorial. “A book publisher paid him seven figures and that was all based on a lie. So his pandemic response caused the deaths of thousands of nursing home patients that don’t have a voice,” one family member told Fox News.
All of this Cuomo news was circulating Tuesday but liberal broadcast networks hid all of it from their viewers. Instead, they again used drama with the royal family as a smokescreen to obfuscate the real scandals.
LifeNews Note: Nicholas Fondacaro writes for Newsbusters, where this originally appeared.