The court battles continue for David Daleiden, the Center for Medical Progress investigator who exposed Planned Parenthood’s aborted baby body parts trade.
On Wednesday, Daleiden and his attorneys appeared before California federal Judge William Orrick to argue against a permanent injunction prohibiting them from releasing undercover videos of a National Abortion Federation conference, Courthouse News Service reports.
The National Abortion Federation (NAF) sued Daleiden, fellow investigator Sandra Merritt and others involved in the Center for Medical Progress, accusing them of trespassing, fraud and breach of contract.
Orrick, who has ties to Planned Parenthood, repeatedly has ruled against the pro-life advocates not only in the NAF case but also in a separate lawsuit filed by the Planned Parenthood abortion chain. The judge appears likely to rule in favor of the abortion industry again.
According to the report:
[Orrick] signaled his intention on Wednesday to rule in favor of the National Abortion Federation and enter a permanent injunction barring the release of videos taken surreptitiously by anti-abortion activists at industry conferences years ago.
The ruling would avoid a trial over whether the recordings were made in pursuit of a scheme to fraudulently infiltrate the professional association for abortion providers around the country.
Follow LifeNews.com on Instagram for pro-life pictures and videos.
The judge referred to the separate lawsuit that Planned Parenthood won against Daleiden as evidence to support the NAF case.
The abortion industry has claimed that the undercover videos caused safety and privacy problems, and Orrick agreed that these were reason enough to block the videos from being released, the report states.
But attorney Peter Breen, who represents Daleiden, urged the court not to censor the videos, especially because Daleiden also is facing a separate criminal prosecution case in relation to them. That case, which began when Vice President Kamala Harris raided Daleiden’s home when she was attorney general of California, could send the pro-life leader to prison if convicted.
Breen said law enforcement also should be allowed to access the videos for investigations, according to the report.
Orrick issued a temporary injunction blocking the videos in 2015. His ruling applies only to the undercover videos of an NAF conference. Other Center for Medical Progress videos are still public.
In addition to a permanent block on the videos, NAF also asked the judge to prohibit Daleiden and others with the Center for Medical Progress from attending any of its conferences in the future, according to the report.
Daleiden also is facing criminal charges in a separate unjust prosecution by the California Attorney General’s Office. It began with Harris and continued with Xavier Becerra, President Joe Biden’s nominee to lead the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The California Attorney General’s Office claims Daleiden and Merritt broke the law by filming conversations with abortionists and others without their consent. The pro-life investigators are facing possible jail time and fines if convicted.
In May, the Center for Medical Progress and Daleiden filed a lawsuit against Harris for prosecuting him unjustly for his undercover investigative work. The lawsuit accuses Harris, Becerra, Planned Parenthood and others of conspiracy to violate First and Fourteenth Amendment civil rights.
Donations to Daleiden’s legal defense may be made to the Thomas More Society, the pro-life legal organization representing him. Click here to donate.
Daleiden’s undercover investigation shocked the world with its exposure of Planned Parenthood’s baby body parts harvesting practices. It led to numerous state and federal investigations. U.S. Senate and House committee investigations both concluded with referrals to the Department of Justice for criminal prosecution.
Later, two of Planned Parenthood’s business partners in Orange County, California admitted to selling aborted baby body parts in a $7.8 million settlement with the county district attorney’s office.
Their undercover videos did a lot of damage to Planned Parenthood when they revealed the abortion giant’s baby body parts operation. Not only did the Center for Medical Progress investigation raise concerns about potentially illegal sales of human body parts, but it also uncovered evidence of abortionists allegedly putting women’s lives at greater risk by altering abortion procedures to better harvest aborted baby parts. The investigators also found evidence of possible patient privacy violations.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked, even though that is not true. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.