Joe Biden’s presidential campaign received tens of thousands of dollars in donations from Facebook and Twitter executives, a Fox News investigation found this week.
The two top social media platforms repeatedly have been accused of censoring pro-life and conservative viewpoints and covertly influencing elections. Twitter even blocked a report questioning Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings just weeks before the election.
Now, Federal Election Commission records reveal that the same executives in charge of censorship donated almost exclusively to Biden, a pro-abortion Democrat who supports abortions without limits and wants to force taxpayers to pay for them.
According to the investigation, FEC records show several Facebook and Twitter executives gave the maximum political donation of $2,800 to Biden’s campaign.
Follow LifeNews on the Parler social media network for the latest pro-life news!
- Two $2,800 donations from Facebook vice president of public policy Erin Egan (one during the primary election, the second during the general election)
- A $2,800 donation (primary) and $750 donation (general) from Facebook chief revenue officer David Fischer
- A $2,800 donation (primary) from Facebook chief financial officer David Wehner
- A $2,800 donation each from Facebook vice presidents Gene Alston, Michael Verdu, Shahriar Rabii and T.S. Khurana
- A $2,800 donation from Instagram chief operating officer Marne Levine. Instagram is owned by Facebook.
- A $2,800 donation from Twitter vice president Matt Derella
- A $2,800 donation from Twitter senior director Ryan Oliver
- Two $2,800 donations (primary/general) from Twitter senior director of product management James Kelm
All of the donations are public record through the FEC.
The Fox News investigation did not find any donations from top social media executives to President Donald Trump. It found just two donations to Trump from lower level employees at Facebook, neither donation being greater than $300.
Follow LifeNews on the MeWe social media network for the latest pro-life news free from Facebook’s censorship!
Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told Fox News that he was not surprised.
“The Silicon Valley mafia was always in the tank for Joe Biden and everyone knew it,” Murtaugh said. “It’s why they blocked the sharing of the Hunter Biden story, to protect their boy Joe Biden. That was election interference, plain and simple, while they also targeted President Trump and other Republicans with censorship. So it should surprise no one that they have also showered money on him.”
According to Newsbusters, Twitter censored Trump and his campaign 436 times, but it did not censor Biden or his campaign once.
Meanwhile, alternative social media platforms like Parler and MeWe are growing. In November, Parler, which emphasizes free speech as its mission, announced that it gained 4.5 million new users in just one week.
LifeNews.com, which has an active Parler account, also saw a large increase in followers this fall as reports of censorship by Facebook and Twitter grew.
For example, in October, the Susan B. Anthony List said Facebook banned two of its ads exposing Joe Biden and Kamala Harris’s support for late-term abortion in the key battleground states of Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, based on a factually incorrect third-party “fact check.”
And in November, Facebook censored an Illinois pro-life organization that is trying to raise money to help pregnant women and babies.
Recent examples of censorship on Facebook and Twitter include:
- Facebook Blocks Pro-Life Pregnancy Center from Fundraising to Help Pregnant Women
- Facebook censors pro-life marketing agency (Pregnancy Help News)
- Facebook Censors Pro-Life Ad Showing How Abortion Pill Kills Babies, Injures Women
- Facebook Censors Pro-Lifers, Ignores Liberal Post Wanting Pro-Life Republicans to “Die”
- Facebook Censors Pro-Life Page for Calling Planned Parenthood an “Abortion Business”
- City Takes Down Pro-Life Group’s Bus Ads after Abortion Activists Complain
- Billboard Companies are Censoring Pro-Life Billboards Like This One: “Abortion Endangers Us”
- Facebook Censors Interview With Woman Who Miraculously Survived an Abortion
- Instagram Censors Planned Parenthood Meme: We Kill More Black Babies in 2 Weeks Than the KKK Lynched in a Century
- Instagram Removed Christian Writer’s Comic Strip Comparing Abortion to Slavery
- Instagram Blocked the Entire Daily Caller News Account Briefly, Claimed It Was an Accident
- Facebook Tags Pro-Life Group as False News for Saying Abortion is Never Medically Necessary
- Instagram Censors LifeNews Post about Babies with Down Syndrome
- Twitter Censors President Trump’s Pro-Life Video Featuring Pictures of Unborn Babies
- Twitter Suspended “Unplanned” Movie’s Account, Then Its Followers Mysteriously Disappeared
- Woman With Down Syndrome Says Twitter Suspended Her Account for Tweets Opposing Abortion
- Twitter Censors Pro-Life Group: “No Advertiser is Permitted to Use the Phrase ‘Killing Babies’”
- Pinterest Caught Listing Top Pro-Life Website as Porn to Censor Its Content
- Twitter Censors Pro-Life Group’s Ads about Defunding Planned Parenthood