Joe Biden Would Force Americans to Spend Hundreds of Millions Funding Abortions, Planned Parenthood

National   |   Micaiah Bilger   |   Oct 28, 2020   |   3:45PM   |   Washington, DC

Americans would be forced to fund the killing of unborn babies in abortions both in the U.S. and abroad if Joe Biden is elected president of the United States.

His plans to end the Mexico City Policy alone would send at least $173 million U.S. tax dollars to some of the largest abortion groups in the world: the International Planned Parenthood Federation and the British-based abortion chain Marie Stopes International.

The pro-life policy has been in place during Republican presidential administrations since Ronald Reagan, defunding Planned Parenthood and other abortion groups of hundreds of millions of tax dollars.

But, through the policy, President Donald Trump has done more to protect life than other Republican presidents. In 2017, he expanded the policy to cut off more streams of revenue to international non-governmental agencies (NGOs) that promote and/or provide abortions. The move defunded Planned Parenthood’s international arm of about $100 million and the British abortion chain Marie Stopes International of about $73 million in U.S. tax dollars.

This fall, Trump announced plans to expand the Mexico City Policy even further by requiring all groups that receive global health aid contracts to agree not to promote and/or provide elective abortions.

SIGN THE PLEDGE: We Can’t Vote for Pro-Abortion Joe Biden

Biden said he would reverse the pro-life policy as one of his first acts in office, if elected.

“I strongly oppose the limitations on the ability for the United States to contribute to organizations in these countries that, in fact, provide women’s health alternatives for choice,” Biden said at a town hall earlier this year. “We should end that limitation. It’s called the Mexico City Rule.”

The rule has not affected access to health care across the globe; it simply stopped abortion groups from using U.S. tax dollars to kill unborn babies in abortions. In September, a review found that the U.S. has maintained global health assistance to 98 percent of the overseas healthcare organizations that received funding prior to the policy’s implementation. The remaining 2 percent are almost entirely comprised of the two abortion chains and their affiliates.

Ending the Mexico City Policy is just one of Biden’s promises to the abortion industry. If elected, he also has promised to reverse Trump’s Title X policy, which defunded Planned Parenthood in the U.S. of about $60 million.

Additionally, Biden said he would end the Hyde Amendment, a long-standing, popular measure that prohibits federal funding of elective abortions in Medicaid and other programs. That could mean millions more tax dollars to the abortion industry and 60,000 more aborted babies every year, according to research by the Charlotte Lozier Institute.

Many believe Biden may restore funding to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) as well. UNFPA has a long history of supporting China’s population control regime, which includes forced and coerced abortions and sterilizations and persecution of families with “illegal” second or third children.

President Barack Obama gave about $300 million to the pro-abortion agency during his time in office, but Trump stopped funding the agency when he took office in 2017.

Trump’s decision has increasing significance after the AP reported harrowing new details this summer about the oppressive population control measures, including forced abortions and sterilizations, that still are occurring in China.

UNFPA denies that it has supported forced abortions in China. According to a Washington Times report, however, UNFPA’s former head, Dr. Nafis Sadik, received the Population Prize Award from the Chinese State Family Planning Commission in 2002.

Altogether, Biden’s plans would send hundreds of millions of dollars to pro-abortion groups that kill millions of unborn babies in abortions across the world.