Did Kamala Harris use her political power as California attorney general to unfairly prosecute a pro-life advocate as a favor to Planned Parenthood? And would she do it again if elected vice president of the United States?
A new video from the Center for Medical Progress raised questions about Harris’s actions Tuesday ahead of the first vice presidential debate.
Harris is a U.S. Senator from California and former state attorney general. She also is Joe Biden’s vice presidential running mate on the Democrat ticket.
The Washington Times reports the new video shows evidence of Harris following Planned Parenthood’s orders when her office raided the home of undercover pro-life journalist David Daleiden in 2016.
Through the Center for Medical Progress, Daleiden’s investigation exposed a baby body parts trade and other questionable actions inside the largest abortion chain in the U.S., Planned Parenthood. The abortion chain has denied all allegations of wrong-doing.
Now, Daleiden is facing felony charges and possible jail time for allegedly violating California recording laws, which require the consent of both parties unless they may “reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard.”
“America’s biggest abortion business was desperate and furious, so they turned to their biggest patron, California Attorney General Kamala Harris, for help,” Daleiden said in the new video. “At Planned Parenthood’s special request, Kamala Harris targeted me to punish and silence my message about the abortion industry and fetal trafficking.”
According to The Federalist, Daleiden revealed documents that show close communications between Harris and Planned Parenthood officials two weeks before the raid on Daleiden’s home. In March 2016, Harris’s office seized computers, video footage and video equipment from his apartment. Later, the attorney general’s office filed felony charges against him.
Here’s more from the report:
As The Federalist previously reported, two weeks prior to that raid, Harris personally met with six Planned Parenthood executives in March 2016, at the attorney general’s Los Angeles office.
An email outlining action items from the meeting shows that they discussed both Planned Parenthood’s political agenda in the state of California and her investigation into Daleiden and the Center for Medical Progress. Two of the six executives in that meeting were used as witnesses in Harris’s criminal investigation.
The video also showed a California Department of Justice document that stated, “Planned Parenthood would like the computers used to produce the videos seized.”
Daleiden said Harris and current California Attorney General Xavier Becerra targeted him through the state video recording law, but they have not prosecuted any other undercover journalists for similar exposes. He pointed to examples of animal rights organizations and local TV stations that recorded undercover videos in private settings.
“… not a single one of them have ever been charged with undercover video recording in California in the 60-year history of California’s video-recording law,” Daleiden said. “Mine is the first and only case.”
“If I had been investigating unsafe grocery practices, animal abuse, or unlicensed gun sales, would Kamala Harris ever thought to pursue video recording charges against me?” Daleiden said. “It’s pretty obvious that the reason I alone was targeted by Kamala Harris is because I dared to criticize Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry.”
In May, Daleiden filed a lawsuit against Harris and Becerra accusing them of using the state recording laws as a “political weapon” to silence speech that they disagree with.
Becerra and Harris both are pro-abortion Democrats who have received campaign donations from Planned Parenthood.
Daleiden’s undercover investigation shocked the world with its exposure of Planned Parenthood’s baby body parts harvesting practices. It led to numerous state and federal investigations. U.S. Senate and House committee investigations both concluded with referrals to the Department of Justice for criminal prosecution.
Later, two of Planned Parenthood’s business partners in Orange County, California admitted to selling aborted baby body parts in a $7.8 million settlement with the county district attorney’s office.
Their undercover videos did a lot of damage to Planned Parenthood when they revealed the abortion giant’s baby body parts operation. Not only did the Center for Medical Progress investigation raise concerns about potentially illegal sales of human body parts, but it also uncovered evidence of abortionists allegedly putting women’s lives at greater risk by altering abortion procedures to better harvest aborted baby parts. The investigators also found evidence of possible patient privacy violations.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked, even though that is not true. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.