During last night’s first presidential debate, Joe Biden declared that he was the Democratic Party:
My party is me. Right now, I am the Democratic Party. I am the Democratic Party, right now. The platform of the Democratic Party is what I, in fact, approved of.
“The Democratic Party and its leadership want abortion at any time, anywhere, and under any circumstances,” said Carol Tobias, president of National Right to Life. “In his own words, it means that Joe Biden wants abortion at any time, anywhere, and under any circumstances.”
A Biden/Harris administration would seek to:
- enshrine abortion on demand in federal law;
- appoint justices who will commit, in advance, to uphold abortion on demand;
- reverse the Trump Administration’s pro-life policies;
- reverse President Trump’s Title X rule that prevents family planning grantees from co-locating with abortion clinics, or from referring clients for abortion;
- promote abortion around the world by reversing the Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance program which prevents federal taxpayer dollars from being used by abortion groups to perform or promote abortion overseas;
- abolish the Hyde Amendment and use federal tax dollars to pay for abortion on demand.
In an interview with The New York Times editorial board in January 2020, Joe Biden was asked what he would look for in a nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court. He said:
They have to have an expansive view of the Constitution. Recognize the right to privacy, unenumerated rights that exist in the Constitution… that means I know they will in fact support Roe v. Wade.
“Joe Biden would force taxpayers to pay for abortions, he would turn back the clock on pro-life policies, and he would run rough-shod over the wishes of the American people in an effort to please pro-abortion groups,” said Tobias. “Women and their unborn children would suffer if Joe Biden were to win.”