New statistics have revealed that 13,583 unborn children were killed by abortion in Scotland in 2019, which is the second highest number of deaths recorded since the United Kingdom’s Abortion Act came into force in April 1968.
Michael Robinson, SPUC Director of Communications said: “These statistics are truly horrifying. This is a tragedy for Scotland. Behind these statistics lie thousands of dead Scottish children who have had their futures and freedoms obliterated by abortion. The Scottish Government’s efforts to liberalise abortion have resulted in another shameful increase in the death toll. This is a catastrophic attack on innocent lives and the sustainability of our future as a nation. SPUC will not forget these unique and unrepeatable lives and we will re-double our efforts to see justice prevail and the eventual creation of a culture which protects every human life.”
SPUC can now confirm that during 2019 a total of 223,102 unborn children were killed by abortion across the United Kingdom.
The horror behind the statistics
The 2019 termination of pregnancy statistics were released yesterday by Public Health Scotland.
The statistics confirm that in Scotland during 2019:
- A total of 13,583 unborn children were killed by abortion.
- 13,365 unborn children were killed due to social reasons (Ground C).
- 211 unborn children were killed after being diagnosed with a foetal anomaly (Ground E).
- No abortions were performed to save the life of the mother.
- 11,912 unborn children were killed by chemical abortion drugs.
- Over 6,000 unborn children were killed at home through DIY chemical abortion drugs.
- 1,671 unborn children were killed by surgical abortions.
- 129 unborn children were killed in late term abortions past 18 weeks gestation.
- Half of the pregnancy terminations in Scotland were carried out on women in their twenties.
- A strong link was recorded between deprivation rates and abortion.
- Women from Scotland’s most deprived areas were more than twice as likely to undergo an abortion compared to women from Scotland’s least deprived areas.
HELP LIFENEWS SAVE BABIES FROM ABORTION! Please help LifeNews.com with a year-end donation!
“Scottish women and children deserve better”
Commenting on the statistics, SPUC’s Michael Robinson said: “This new report from Public Health Scotland confirms how abortion facilitates and symbolises the deep inequality running through Scottish society.”
“Women from Scotland’s most deprived areas are over two times more likely to undergo an abortion compared to women from Scotland’s least deprived areas. This is a shocking symbol of inequality which is totally unacceptable in a 21st century society. So often, women are pushed and pressured towards making a choice for a number of societal reasons such as finances, unstable relationships or employment. This tragedy is confirmed by the vast number of women presenting for an abortion under Ground C.
“Additionally, we can now see the number of women being abandoned at home to perform their own DIY abortion with no medical supervision or support. It is important to note that last month, a leaked NHS email confirmed how two maternal deaths were related to DIY abortions.
“SPUC implore the Scottish Government to act now and reverse all reckless regulations which endanger the health and wellbeing of women.”