Newly unsealed invoices between Planned Parenthood and the human tissue procurement company StemExpress provide more evidence that the abortion chain may have violated federal laws prohibiting the sales of aborted baby body parts.
“Planned Parenthood and StemExpress’s business relationship — sadly not unique to them — sets quotas for certain types of abortions, treats pregnant women like a cash crop, places a price tag on human beings, and declares that our nation’s children are worth more dead than alive,” David Daleiden of the Center for Medical Progress told Fox News this week.
The three unsealed invoices from Planned Parenthood Mar Monte in 2012 show per-specimen charges to StemExpress that amount to nearly $25,000 in three months.
Planned Parenthood has claimed repeatedly that it received allowable reimbursements for the costs of shipping and handling the aborted babies’ body parts, but it did not sell them.
But, as Fox News and others noted, the invoices do not mention reimbursements or shipping costs. Instead, they show a $55 charge per “POC,” or products of conception, meaning parts from an aborted baby. They also show a $10 charge per blood sample. Totals from the invoices, which represent just three months, amount to $24,940, according to the report.
Daleiden, who exposed the dealings in a series of undercover videos in 2015, said the invoices clearly show that Planned Parenthood violated federal laws.
“The federal law against selling aborted fetal organs and tissues in exchange for ‘valuable consideration’ was enacted to prevent monetary incentives to turn children in the womb into a commodity,” he told the news outlet. “The law lays out the unmistakable difference between a researcher reimbursing a clinic …, versus StemExpress paying solely for the number of ‘usable’ body parts it could collect and then sell from Planned Parenthood’s abortions.”
Here’s more from the report:
[StemExpress’s] contract with Planned Parenthood specified that POC’s include “any fetal organ or other fetal or placental material taken from the human uterus during an abortion.” It also outlines “reasonable costs” for things like the removal of fetal organs, disposal services, and “appropriate space for in which Stem-Ex representatives and employees may work.”
According to Daleiden, those payments violate federal law because they’re tied to the usability of extracted body parts rather than merely serving as “associated” costs for handling organs. An email between BioMax, the fake company used by Daleiden, and StemExpress similarly shows StemExpress emphasizing the need for “only viable” fetal liver specimens.
The invoices initially were sealed as part of a lawsuit that Planned Parenthood filed against Daleiden for his undercover work. In November, Daleiden and the Center for Medical Progress lost the civil case, but their lawyers plan to appeal.
Daleiden woke up the world to the horrendous practices of the abortion industry through his undercover videos. The investigation exposed numerous atrocities inside Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the U.S. Its findings prompted investigations by the U.S. House and Senate, as well as a number of states.
The committees concluded by recommending that the Department of Justice investigate Planned Parenthood. Both said they found strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law. The Department of Justice is investigating.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked, even though that is not true. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic, as did the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.