In Planned Parenthood’s world, up is down and down is up. And good is evil and evil is good.
That’s the kind of presentation Planned Parenthood attorneys are making in court during closing arguments of the massive trial against David Daleiden, Sandra Merritt and the pro-life advocates involved in exposing its sales of aborted baby parts. Instead of facing any consequences for selling the body parts of aborted children, the nation’s biggest abortion business wants to crush these pro-life Americans with millions in punitive damages for exposing its horrific practices.
Harry Mihet, the Chief Litigation Counsel for Liberty Counsel, which is representing Merritt, talked about the closing arguments.
“We did hear several hours of Planned Parenthood’s closing argument today, and it was very tough to stomach. They repeatedly called our clients all kinds of evil and they asked the San Francisco jury to award millions of dollars in punitive damages against them, “to punish and deter them” from ever exposing Planned Parenthood again,” he said. “And, as the number one reason for seeking punitive damages, they had the audacity to refer to Dr. Mary “Lamborghini-for-Livers” Gatter, and Dr. Deborah “Crush-Above-and-Crush-Below” Nucatola.”
“I’ve seen some really crazy things in the decade plus that I’ve been doing this work, but never have I seen such a brazen and shameful attempt to call evil good and good evil. But as tough as today was to stomach, never have I been more sure that this is a fight worth fighting, and that I’m not here by accident,” Mihet added.
Mat Staver, the founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, broke down the battle between good verses evil happening in the courtroom.
“Planned Parenthood is America’s abortion giant—it kills some 330,000 infants every year. Sandra, with her colleague David Daleiden, conducted a 30-month undercover investigation that utterly exposed Planned Parenthood’s cruel and inhumane trade in human hearts, livers, brains and more harvested from innocent, helpless babies,” he told LifeNews.com.
“That shook Planned Parenthood’s bloody empire. Now it wants to mercilessly punish Sandra, the courageous 66-year-old pro-life grandmother who exposed its heinous baby body parts business,” Staver added. “It wants “punitive damages” in the millions to crush and bankrupt this pro-life hero. But Sandra did nothing wrong. Instead, she courageously exposed evil. Now Planned Parenthood is calling good evil and demanding that the jury award it millions in punitive damages.”
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ
“The abortion chain is desperate to crush Sandra and bury the shocking evidence she uncovered revealing its heinous commerce in body parts cut from the infants it kills,” he concluded.
During the trial, admissions on the witness stand this included the founder/president Linda Tracy and procurement manager Perrin Larton of Advanced Bioscience Resources, Inc. (ABR), a U.S. wholesaler of aborted baby body parts since 1989. ABR’s yearly revenues are about $1.1 to $1.5 million, all from harvesting and purchasing livers, lungs, and brains in abortion facilities and re-selling the body parts to taxpayer-funded research laboratories at enormous mark-up prices.
Tracy stated under oath in her deposition of this trial that the conversation she had with Daleiden was not private or confidential. In court this week, she claimed it was. Tracy also tried to say that she didn’t discuss “pricing” of fetal tissue at National Abortion Federation’s (NAF) conference. Yet in her videotaped deposition played in court, Tracy indicated her conversations at NAF included pricing of baby body parts. She further testified in her deposition that at NAF she discussed ABR’s “Regulated Tissue Acquisition” harvesting, for which researchers pay $6,000 per procurement.
Larton also testified that she does not recant any of the statements she made to David Daleiden about babies falling out intact for organ harvesting, and that ABR could receive intact fetuses as frequently as every couple months.
David Daleioden testified in court that he and Sandra Merritt—posing as fetal parts buyers—met with Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast in Houston. Afterwards, the Planned Parenthood affiliate indicated it was willing to “move forward” with a plan to sell livers from aborted children for 750 dollars each.
David told the court that he sent Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast a draft contract for “750 per fetal liver.” He later learned, he testified, that an administrator at the massive six-story Houston abortion facility “forwarded that contract to her supervisor and said she wanted to move forward with it.”
David’s stunning testimony in court matches what Melissa Farrell, director of research at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, told him and Sandra in 2015 when they met her while posing as fetal tissue buyers.
In the meeting, caught on hidden camera, Farrell told Sandra and David the sale of fetal body parts boosts Planned Parenthood’s “revenue stream.”
Farrell emphasized that her organization has “been doing research for many, many years.” She boasted about the dollars her department takes in.
“My department contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization. . . . Our research department is the largest in the Unites States, larger than any of the other affiliates combined.”
Farrell also told Sandra and David Planned Parenthood is willing to “alter our process . . . to obtain intact fetal cadavers” – in other words, whole babies. And once dissected, the babies can be sold part by part—or as she put it, as a “line-item” charge.
That’s what this case is all about. It’s why Planned Parenthood is suing Sandra for millions in federal court.
The undercover investigation exposed numerous atrocities inside Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the U.S. Its findings prompted investigations by the U.S. House and Senate, as well as a number of states.
The committees concluded by recommending that the Department of Justice investigate Planned Parenthood. Both said they found strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law. The Department of Justice is investigating.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked, even though that is not true. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.