Deborah Nucatola, former Medical Director for Planned Parenthood Federation of America, took the stand in an ongoing federal trial against pro-life activists, who are defending themselves against Planned Parenthood’s accusations that they violated the Federal Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations act (RICO) when they secretly filmed evidence that Planned Parenthood was engaged in the illegal trafficking of aborted baby tissue and organs for profit.
Nucatola was the subject of the first video summary released by the Center for Medical Progress on July 14, 2015. She was shown munching salad and sipping wine while she dispassionately discussed in graphic detail the ways she altered second-trimester abortion procedures – her specialty – to ensure that organs were intact for organ procurement companies, which paid Planned Parenthood for the aborted baby tissues.
Nucatola was supposed to be Planned Parenthood’s star witness.
A source inside the courtroom, who wishes to remain anonymous, told Operation Rescue that Nucatola said she has been conducting on average 200 abortions per month for her entire 21-year career as an abortionist.
This means she has — so far — been responsible for the deaths of over 50,000 pre-born babies.
She reportedly told the court, “I provide abortions to 24 weeks, and beyond if needed.”
Nucatola noted that she prefers to use the [euphemistic] term “tissue donation” instead of “selling baby body parts for a profit.”
Nucatola also described how she was upset about the release of the videos, and again sobbed when relating how she and her family were “damaged” by them.
That moment may have provided a turning point for the defense.
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ
Upon cross examination one pro-life attorney questioned Nucatola about the damages caused by the video. Then he brought up statements she had made under oath during an earlier deposition.
In deposition, Nucatola said that the release of the videos was “no big deal” that “did not damage me.”
In addition, she had made sworn statements such as, “I did nothing wrong.” “I don’t care if these videos are released.” “There is nothing wrong with what I said.”
This completely impeached Nucatola’s testimony and destroyed her credibility.
Then came the defining moment for the pro-life defendants, which include Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue, Sandra Merritt, Albin Rhomberg, and David Daleiden.
Judge William Orrick had previously denied all requests to show any of the video taken by the Center for Medical Progress to the jury. However, yesterday, he allowed the playing of five minutes of raw, uncut video from the lunch meeting between Nucatola and the undercover pro-life journalists who posed as representatives of an organ procurement company.
The courtroom observer told Operation Rescue that tears could been seen on the faces of some members of the jury as they watched Nucatola speaking on video about liver, lungs, hearts, muscle, and calvarium (baby heads) that were harvested from the bodies of aborted babies.
“The jury was stunned. It was the first time during the three-week trial that they had seen any of the debated video,” the observer told Operation Rescue. “It was a game changer and a huge victory for the pro-life defendants. Planned Parenthood’s star witness turned into a star witness for the defense. It could not have been a better day.”
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.
LifeNews.com Note: Cheryl Sullenger is a leader of Operation Rescue.