A California Planned Parenthood executive ignored questions Friday about an abortionist who was caught on video talking about using “less crunchy” techniques to harvest aborted babies’ body parts.
Writing for The Daily Wire, journalist/filmmaker Phelim McAleer described how he approached Sheri Bonner, the CEO of Planned Parenthood Pasadena/San Gabriel Valley, after she testified against undercover investigator David Daleiden on Friday in San Francisco court.
The abortion chain is suing Daleiden and other investigators with the Center for Medical Progress for trespassing, breach of confidentiality, wiretapping, conspiracy and other allegations related to their undercover investigation. The civil trial has been going on for the past two weeks in San Francisco and is expected to continue through early November.
On Friday, McAleer approached Bonner as she left court to ask her about Dr. Mary Gatter, a fellow Planned Parenthood executive under her supervision who was caught discussing potentially illegal activities in a Center for Medical Progress video.
The 2015 video showed Gatter haggling over payments for intact fetal specimens and offering to use a “less crunchy technique” to get more intact body parts. Federal law requires that no alteration in the timing or method of abortion be done for the purposes of fetal tissue collection (42 U.S.C. 289g-1).
In the video, however, Gatter suggested modifying the abortion procedure to get more intact aborted baby body parts: “I wouldn’t object to asking Ian, who’s our surgeon who does the cases, to use an IPAS [manual vacuum aspirator] at that gestational age in order to increase the odds that he’s going to get an intact specimen.”
She is the same abortionist who told the undercover journalists that she wanted “a Lamborghini” while discussing the prices of body parts.
However, in court, Bonner said she did not punish or reprimand Gatter because of what she said in the videos, according to the report.
“Well, because I looked very carefully at the video. I had conversations with our attorney. I saw nothing in that video that would indicate that there was any reason to reprimand. It was a business conversation that was happening between two parties,” she told the court.
The judge refused to allows Daleiden’s defense counsel to question her on the “less crunchy technique” quote and Ms. Bonner refused to answer questions on the matter from Daily Wire correspondent, Phelim McAleer, as she left the court (see video). Her security detail tried to block the camera and interview before driving her away.
Bonner repeatedly ignored McAleer’s questions and then got into a vehicle where a driver drove her away.
McAleer is well-known as the co-author of “Gosnell – The Untold Story of America’s Most Prolific Serial Killer,” a New York Times best-seller. He and his wife, Ann McElhinney, have been covering the trial.
Planned Parenthood is suing Daleiden and other investigators for hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages for increased security costs allegedly caused by the undercover investigation. However, a Planned Parenthood witness admitted that some of the security “threats” were just letters from people saying they were praying for abortion clinic staff and other incidents had nothing to do with the undercover investigation.
Daleiden and his fellow investigators contend that they did not do anything wrong; they are undercover journalists who worked to expose the unethical and potentially illegal harvesting and sales of aborted baby body parts by Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion provider.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.