An abortionist who testified at undercover journalist David Daleiden’s hearing last week said there is “no question” that babies were born alive in the types of abortions discussed in the undercover videos.
Daleiden and fellow investigator Sandra Merritt face felony charges for invasion of privacy in California after they exposed Planned Parenthood’s allegedly illegal sales of aborted baby body parts through a series of undercover videos. If convicted, they could be sent to prison.
Earlier this month, a preliminary hearing revealed new details about the case including a witness for the abortion industry admitting that the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) videos were “not altered.” Then, a biotech company CEO who worked with Planned Parenthood could not deny that they harvested aborted babies’ hearts while they were still beating. The hearing concluded last week, and the judge has not decided yet if the case should go to a full trial.
Breitbart reports Dr. Forrest Smith, an OBGYN and abortionist who has been practicing for decades, testified as an expert witness about the statements that Planned Parenthood abortionists and others made in the CMP videos.
“There’s no question in my mind that at least some of these fetuses were live births,” Smith testified.
He referred to one of the undercover videos of a presentation by Planned Parenthood employee Alisa Goldberg about second-trimester abortions.
She “spoke about using large doses of the drug misoprostol in order to carry out second-trimester induced abortions in one day rather than the four it usually takes,” Live Action reported. “Smith testified that this would lead to a live birth. Large doses of misoprostol, said Smith, would cause ‘tumultuous labor’ that leads to ‘fetal expulsion’ — meaning the baby would be born without any assistance from the abortionist and no instruments would be used. He testified that very few abortionists other than Planned Parenthood do this.”
When asked if misoprostol was used but not the drug digoxin, which stops the baby’s heartbeat, Smith said, “No question it’s alive.”
“All testimony we have seen, no breathing, no movement, no cord” or “arms, legs torn off, the assumption is: that is fetal demise. But that’s completely wrong,” Smith said, according to the Daily Wire. He said the baby is alive if his/her heart is beating.
Follow LifeNews.com on Instagram for pro-life pictures and videos.
Here’s more from the report:
The abortionist’s testimony was particular jarring since Smith once loathed Daleiden and wished to expose him as a “fraud.” That changed when the doctor watched the undercover videos and spoke to Daleiden directly.
“I’m going to take down that son of a bitch. He’s f***ing with me now,’” Smith told the court he said of Daleiden in 2015. According to LifeSiteNews, Smith then met with the journalist in August of that year with the intention of exposing “Daleiden as a fraud.”
Smith soon realized Daleiden was exposing the truth about the abortion industry and, chillingly, “didn’t know the half of what was going on.”
No other journalists have been prosecuted for similar undercover investigations under California law, Daleiden and Merritt contend. They believe their prosecution is politically motivated by politicians like California Attorney General Xavier Becerra and his predecessor, Kamala Harris, who received huge campaign donations from the abortion industry.
Earlier in the hearing, Daleiden described talking with a whistle-blower named Holly O’Donnell, who used to work for StemExpress, a fetal tissue procurement company that had a close relationship with Planned Parenthood, according to Courthouse News.
In 2013, Daleiden said O’Donnell told him that she had harvested body parts from a “fully intact” 25-week baby at a Planned Parenthood in Northern California.
“She cut open the baby’s face to harvest the brain,” his testimony continued, according to CMP. “Prior to doing that, her supervisor showed O’Donnell the baby’s beating heart.”
“I came to suspect StemExpress and Planned Parenthood of Mar Monte of homicide,” he said.
The undercover investigation exposed numerous atrocities inside Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the U.S. Its findings prompted investigations by the U.S. House and Senate, as well as a number of states. Both said they found strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law. The Department of Justice is investigating.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked, even though that is not true. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials allegedly selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.