A series of videos shared with LifeNews.com this week show abortion activists appearing to push, kick, mock and intimidate pro-life sidewalk counselors outside an abortion facility in Bristol, Tennessee.
The videos are yet more evidence of increasing harassment, intimidation and other incidents targeting those dedicated to protecting unborn babies and mothers from abortion.
Sammi Cooper, who runs the ministry A Cause for Christ, said pro-abortion protesters have become very aggressive toward her and others who stand regularly outside the Bristol Regional Women’s Center, hoping to help women and unborn babies in need.
In a video that Cooper shared dated Aug. 17, a pro-abortion escort can be seen approaching one of the sidewalk counselors and then leaning directly against the sign that she is holding.
“Stop pushing on my sign,” the sidewalk counselor says.
“Call the cops! Call the cops,” the pro-abortion escort taunts. “You know what they’ll do? Nothing.”
The video shows the escort continuing to stand up against the sign, and at one point pushing it into the woman. The woman asks the activist repeatedly to move away and stop pushing her, but the escort refuses.
SUPPORT LIFENEWS! If you like this pro-life article, please help LifeNews.com with a donation!
At two separate points, the woman attempts to walk away, but the pro-abortion escort follows her closely and then begins pushing against the sign again. Later, the pro-abortion escort appears to shove and kick the sign while the woman holds it.
“Stop kicking my sign!” the woman says.
The pro-abortion escort smiles mockingly and replies: “What are you going to do about it? You can’t do anything about it.”
WARNING: Video contains very graphic image at beginning.
Erika Schanzenbach, who has been involved in Christian outreach at the abortion facility for more than six years, said they have seen increasingly nasty behavior from the pro-abortion protesters in the past few months. Still, she said she will not stop going there for the sake of the innocent unborn babies, their mothers and fathers.
“My hope is that God will be glorified as we work to bring the light of His truth to that very dark place,” Schanzenbach said. “These little ones are my most helpless neighbors, so I go to stand and speak for them.”
A second video dated Sept. 11 shows another pro-abortion escort waving a sign in the face of a pro-life advocate outside the abortion facility. The escort ignores the woman’s repeated requests to move the sign out of her face and, at one point, appears to be pushing up against the woman’s sign as she is holding it.
WARNING: Video contains very graphic image at beginning.
A third video dated Aug. 28 shows a pro-abortion protester, possibly the same one from the first video, approaching a female sidewalk counselor and pushing up against her sign as she holds it. The woman asks the protester to stop touching her and to back away, but the protester ignores her and continues to press up against the woman and her sign.
The protester then mocks the woman after admitting to touching her: “I touched your sign. I didn’t touch you. Is that going to hold up in court? She touched my sign, judge! She touched my sign!”
“You’re physically shoving my body,” the woman replies.
“Well, take me to court,” the protester yells in the woman’s face.
“Don’t spit on me,” the woman responds as the escort continues to yell.
After the woman calls the police, the pro-abortion protester tells her the police will not do anything. “Have they ever done anything about it? No … and the cops aren’t going to tell me to back off either. There’s no personal space law.”
WARNING: Video contains very graphic image at beginning.
Cooper and Schanzenbach both said these situations have become increasingly common, and the local police have not stopped it. They said they have been cursed at, spit upon, pushed and followed to their vehicles by the pro-abortion activists.
“This is how clinic escorts at Bristol Regional Women’s Center treat women they disagree with AND how hard they work to keep people from seeing images of the victims of what they are standing for,” Mission to Restore America states in a description of the first video.
LifeNews has documented an alarming uptick in reports of vandalism, harassment, threats and other incidents targeting pro-lifers. In the spring, a Pennsylvania state representative was caught publicly offering money for the identities of three young teenage girls who were peacefully praying outside an abortion facility in Philadelphia. In another case, video footage caught a man, allegedly a Google employee, repeatedly punching a pro-life advocate in Washington, D.C. And another man recently was charged with threatening to slit the throat of a pro-life female politician in Australia.
Earlier this year, Students for Life reported more than 50 pro-life student displays were vandalized in the past school year, including a pro-life banner that was set on fire inside a student building in Washington state.
Pro-life pregnancy resource centers and billboards also have been the targets of vandals. Austin LifeCare in Texas was vandalized twice this year. Two pregnancy centers’ mobile vans also were vandalized in Chicago and North Carolina this summer. In February, another pro-life pregnancy center was vandalize in Virginia in the midst of a heated political debate about a pro-abortion bill. And in May, someone spray-painted pro-abortion graffiti on a Catholic church in Philadelphia.
Here is the complete list:
- Switzerland – Police: Abortion Activists Attack Officers, Throw Burning Objects during March for Life (Swiss Broadcasting Corporation)
- El Salvador – Abortion Activists Throw Eggs, Red Paint on Attorney General’s Office (NBC News)
- Pro-Life Across America: More Than A Dozen Pro-Life Billboards Vandalized This Year – And It’s Only August
- Chicago – Pro-life Billboard Vandalized with Pro-Abortion Slogan Painted over Baby’s Face (Pro-life Action League)
- Washington, D.C. – Top Google Employee Allegedly Punches Pro-Lifer Repeatedly outside Planned Parenthood
- Texas – Pregnancy Center Vandalized for Second Time This Year (Christian Post)
- Australia – Police Charge Cyclist for Allegedly Spitting Directly in Pro-Life Protester’s Face
- Australia – Pro-Life MPs Receive Death Threats After Voting Against Radical Pro-Abortion Bill
- England – Christian Family’s Window Smashed after Displaying Pro-Life Poster (UK Metro)
- Illinois – Chicago Pregnancy Center’s Mobile Van Vandalized, Tires Slashed
- Washington, D.C. – Man who Mocked, Threatened to Shoot Pro-Lifers at D.C. Planned Parenthood Goes Free (Live Action News)
- England – Scottish MP Receives Threats after Voting Against Pro-Abortion Bill (News Letter)
- North Carolina – Pregnancy Center Van Vandalized with Pro-Abortion Graffiti
- Wisconsin – Woman Arrested for Allegedly Vandalizing Pro-Life Display, Pushing Pro-Life Advocate (Created Equal)
- Texas – Anarchist Group Threatens to Dox Students who Join Conservative Pro-Life Groups (College Fix)
- Canada – Canadian Movie Theater Cancels “Unplanned” After Abortion Activists Threaten Violence, Catholic Herald Reports 2 Death Threats
- Canada – “Unplanned” Movie Premiers in Theaters Across Canada Despite Censorship and Pro-Abortion Threats
- North Carolina – Abortion Activists Arrested at City Council Meeting about Ordinance Restricting Free Speech (Charlotte Observer)
- Washington state – Video: Person Caught Stealing Crosses from Pro-Life Display (Students for Life)
- Ireland – Pro-Life Student Receives Death Threat after Writing Column Defending the Unborn (The Irish Catholic)
- Alabama – Pro-Life Sidewalk Counselors: Driver Tried to Hit Us outside Abortion Clinic (Live Action)
- Massachusetts – Abortion Activists Arrested After Allegedly Throwing Urine on Pro-Life Speaker
- Illinois – Pro-Life College Student Receives Death Threats for Proposing Cuts to Abortion Funding (Fox News)
- Missouri – Abortion Activists Arrested at Protest Demanding Pro-Life Governor Keep Dangerous Abortion Clinic Open (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Florida – Video: Student Wrecks Pro-Life Display at University of Central Florida (Created Equal)
- Alabama – Abortion Advocates Allegedly Threatened to Rape Pro-Life Legislator’s Wife After He Voted for Abortion Ban
- Mississippi – Pro-Life Advocate Hit with Cane, Pushed at Pro-Abortion Rally
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Spit on Pro-Life Woman, Threaten Rape (Created Equal)
- Ohio – Abortion Activist: Pro-Life Advocates “Deserve To Be Shot” (Created Equal)
- Washington, D.C. – Student: Abortion Activists Pushed, Threatened Him at National Protest (Breitbart)
- New Jersey – Student Pro-Life Display Vandalized, Signs Stolen (The Signal, College of New Jersey)
- Pennsylvania – Catholic Church Vandalized with Pro-Abortion Slogan
- Abortion Activists Threaten to Kill, Rape Wife and Daughter of Pro-Life Writer Matt Walsh
- Michigan – Pro-Life Office Vandalized after Lawmakers Pass Bill to Protect Unborn Babies
- North Carolina – Student Arrested for Stealing Sign from Pro-Life Advocates on Campus
- Alabama — Abortion Activist Caught on Camera Assaulting Pro-Life Woman, Punching Her Repeatedly
- California – Video: Student Destroys Pro-Life Display on Campus (Students for Life)
- Washington state – Police Investigating Arson after Pro-Life Display Set on Fire on Campus
- North Carolina – Video: Student Charged for Allegedly Punching Pro-Lifer Repeatedly in the Face
- Pennsylvania – State Lawmaker Berates Pro-Life Woman, Attempts to Doxx Pro-Life Teenage Girls
- California – FBI Arrests Man for Allegedly “Serious” Death Threats against Pro-Life Speaker Ben Shapiro, Family (TMZ)
- Alabama – Abortion Activist Throws Paint inside Alabama House as Lawmakers Vote to Ban Abortion
- Texas – University of Texas Austin Student Pro-Life Materials Stolen, Thrown in the Gutter (Students for Life)
- More Than 50 Pro-Life Student Displays Vandalized This School Year (Students for Life)
- Texas – Abortion Activists Tried to Shut Down Pro-Life Speaker With Smokebomb. They Failed
- Washington state – Conservative Student: Man Vandalized Display, Tried to Hit Her With Car Twice (The College Fix)
- Kentucky – Elderly Pro-Life Woman Attacked Outside Abortion Facility, Thighbone Broken
- Illinois – Pro-Life Students’ Display Stolen at Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville (Students for Life)
- Texas – Police Investigate Threats Against Pro-Life Republican Lawmakers (Dallas News)
- Missouri – Pro-life Speaker Michael Knowles Attacked during Speech at University of Missouri-Kansas City (Campus Reform)
- California – Pro-Abortion Students Allegedly Throw Pro-Life Display Into River, Protest Pro-Life Speech With Coat Hangers
- California – Video: Planned Parenthood Supporter Brutally Assaults Elderly Pro-Life Volunteer
- Massachusetts – Massachusetts Citizens for Life Receives Suspicious Package, Building Shut Down
- Michigan – Video: Abortion Activists Steal Crosses from Pro-Life Display at University of Michigan
- Massachusetts – Pro-lifer Punched in Face Outside Abortion Facility
- Connecticut – Pro-Life Students’ Display Vandalized at University of Connecticut
- Missouri – Items Stolen, Vandalized from Church Pro-Life Display (WDAF Kansas City)
- Minnesota – Campus Republican Club Catches Students on Video Tearing Down Pro-Life Fliers (College Fix)
- Australia – Video: Pro-Abortion Students Vandalize Pro-Life Campus Display (LifeChoice Australia)
- England – Police Investigate Violent Attacks on Pro-Life People at Prayer Vigils
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Allegedly Harass Pro-Life Rape Survivor, Police Called (Students for Life)
- Washington state – 3 Pro-Life Billboards Vandalized: “Your Life Drains Earth” (The Blaze)
- California – Abortion Activists Destroy, Steal UCLA Pro-Life Club Signs (Live Action)
- Virginia – Pregnancy Center Vandalized in Politically Motivated Attack
- Washington, D.C. – Abortion Activists Smash Pro-Life Sign, Hit Boy and His Dad With a Stick
- France – Abortion Activists Spraypaint “Blessed Abortion” on Catholic Church (National Catholic Register)
- Texas – Pro-Life Advocate Brutally Assaulted for Telling Man “Jesus Loves You”