When the abortion industry considers a letter that simply says “Jesus loves you” as a form of harassment, it’s no wonder that it complains about violence.
This week, several mainstream media outlets reported “record levels” of violence against abortion facilities in 2018 based on reports from abortion advocacy groups.
According to CBS News, “The National Abortion Federation reported over 1,300 violent acts were committed against abortion clinics last year, the highest number of attacks since the group started keeping records in 1977.”
The Hill reported comments from Planned Parenthood abortionist Colleen McNicholas and the Texas-based abortion chain Whole Woman’s Health linking pro-lifers’ efforts to save unborn babies from abortion to violence against abortion providers.
“These aggressive bills that keep getting introduced have a tone to them that’s incredibly fringe and introduces violent language,” Whole Woman’s Health CEO Amy Hagstrom Miller said.
Most all of the so-called violent and harassing acts have historically been no more than pro-life people praying or protesting outside an abortion center, sidewalk counselors offering women abortion alternatives or pro-life people documenting ambulances carting off women injured by botched abortions.
The reports feed into the false stereotype that pro-life advocates are aggressive and violent. But according to LifeNews.com’s own records, the opposite appears to be true.
Based on local news coverage, video footage, photos and other reports from pro-life advocates, it appears that harassment, violence, vandalism and other incidents targeting of pro-lifers is what actually is increasing.
Just last week, police arrested abortion activists in Switzerland for trying to disrupt its annual March for Life. Swiss news outlets reported two police officers were injured and property was damaged by pro-abortion protesters who lit fires and threw objects into the streets.
A week earlier, Pro-Life Across America reported an alarming uptick in vandalism of pro-life billboards across the United States, including more than a dozen in the last two months.
Pro-life pregnancy resource centers also have been targeted. Austin LifeCare in Texas was vandalized twice this year. Two pregnancy centers’ mobile vans also were vandalized in Chicago and North Carolina this summer. In February, another pro-life pregnancy center was vandalize in Virginia in the midst of a heated political debate about a pro-abortion bill. And in May, someone spray-painted pro-abortion graffiti on a Catholic church in Philadelphia.
SUPPORT LIFENEWS! If you like this pro-life article, please help LifeNews.com with a donation!
LifeNews has documents numerous reports of death threats, assaults and other harassment of pro-life advocates this year as well. These include a Pennsylvania state representative publicly offering money for the identities of three young teenage girls who were peacefully praying outside an abortion facility in Philadelphia. In another case, video footage caught a man, allegedly a Google employee, repeatedly punching a pro-life advocate in Washington, D.C. And another man recently was charged with threatening to slit the throat of a pro-life female politician in Australia.
Students for Life also reported more than 50 pro-life student displays were vandalized in the past school year, including a pro-life banner that was set on fire inside a student building in Washington state.
Here is the complete list:
- Switzerland – Police: Abortion Activists Attack Officers, Throw Burning Objects during March for Life (Swiss Broadcasting Corporation)
- El Salvador – Abortion Activists Throw Eggs, Red Paint on Attorney General’s Office (NBC News)
- Pro-Life Across America: More Than A Dozen Pro-Life Billboards Vandalized This Year – And It’s Only August
- Chicago – Pro-life Billboard Vandalized with Pro-Abortion Slogan Painted over Baby’s Face (Pro-life Action League)
- Washington, D.C. – Top Google Employee Allegedly Punches Pro-Lifer Repeatedly outside Planned Parenthood
- Texas – Pregnancy Center Vandalized for Second Time This Year (Christian Post)
- Australia – Police Charge Cyclist for Allegedly Spitting Directly in Pro-Life Protester’s Face
- Australia – Pro-Life MPs Receive Death Threats After Voting Against Radical Pro-Abortion Bill
- England – Christian Family’s Window Smashed after Displaying Pro-Life Poster (UK Metro)
- Illinois – Chicago Pregnancy Center’s Mobile Van Vandalized, Tires Slashed
- Washington, D.C. – Man who Mocked, Threatened to Shoot Pro-Lifers at D.C. Planned Parenthood Goes Free (Live Action News)
- England – Scottish MP Receives Threats after Voting Against Pro-Abortion Bill (News Letter)
- North Carolina – Pregnancy Center Van Vandalized with Pro-Abortion Graffiti
- Wisconsin – Woman Arrested for Allegedly Vandalizing Pro-Life Display, Pushing Pro-Life Advocate (Created Equal)
- Texas – Anarchist Group Threatens to Dox Students who Join Conservative Pro-Life Groups (College Fix)
- Canada – Canadian Movie Theater Cancels “Unplanned” After Abortion Activists Threaten Violence, Catholic Herald Reports 2 Death Threats
- Canada – “Unplanned” Movie Premiers in Theaters Across Canada Despite Censorship and Pro-Abortion Threats
- North Carolina – Abortion Activists Arrested at City Council Meeting about Ordinance Restricting Free Speech (Charlotte Observer)
- Washington state – Video: Person Caught Stealing Crosses from Pro-Life Display (Students for Life)
- Ireland – Pro-Life Student Receives Death Threat after Writing Column Defending the Unborn (The Irish Catholic)
- Alabama – Pro-Life Sidewalk Counselors: Driver Tried to Hit Us outside Abortion Clinic (Live Action)
- Massachusetts – Abortion Activists Arrested After Allegedly Throwing Urine on Pro-Life Speaker
- Illinois – Pro-Life College Student Receives Death Threats for Proposing Cuts to Abortion Funding (Fox News)
- Missouri – Abortion Activists Arrested at Protest Demanding Pro-Life Governor Keep Dangerous Abortion Clinic Open (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Florida – Video: Student Wrecks Pro-Life Display at University of Central Florida (Created Equal)
- Alabama – Abortion Advocates Allegedly Threatened to Rape Pro-Life Legislator’s Wife After He Voted for Abortion Ban
- Mississippi – Pro-Life Advocate Hit with Cane, Pushed at Pro-Abortion Rally
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Spit on Pro-Life Woman, Threaten Rape (Created Equal)
- Ohio – Abortion Activist: Pro-Life Advocates “Deserve To Be Shot” (Created Equal)
- Washington, D.C. – Student: Abortion Activists Pushed, Threatened Him at National Protest (Breitbart)
- New Jersey – Student Pro-Life Display Vandalized, Signs Stolen (The Signal, College of New Jersey)
- Pennsylvania – Catholic Church Vandalized with Pro-Abortion Slogan
- Abortion Activists Threaten to Kill, Rape Wife and Daughter of Pro-Life Writer Matt Walsh
- Michigan – Pro-Life Office Vandalized after Lawmakers Pass Bill to Protect Unborn Babies
- North Carolina – Student Arrested for Stealing Sign from Pro-Life Advocates on Campus
- Alabama — Abortion Activist Caught on Camera Assaulting Pro-Life Woman, Punching Her Repeatedly
- California – Video: Student Destroys Pro-Life Display on Campus (Students for Life)
- Washington state – Police Investigating Arson after Pro-Life Display Set on Fire on Campus
- North Carolina – Video: Student Charged for Allegedly Punching Pro-Lifer Repeatedly in the Face
- Pennsylvania – State Lawmaker Berates Pro-Life Woman, Attempts to Doxx Pro-Life Teenage Girls
- California – FBI Arrests Man for Allegedly “Serious” Death Threats against Pro-Life Speaker Ben Shapiro, Family (TMZ)
- Alabama – Abortion Activist Throws Paint inside Alabama House as Lawmakers Vote to Ban Abortion
- Texas – University of Texas Austin Student Pro-Life Materials Stolen, Thrown in the Gutter (Students for Life)
- More Than 50 Pro-Life Student Displays Vandalized This School Year (Students for Life)
- Texas – Abortion Activists Tried to Shut Down Pro-Life Speaker With Smokebomb. They Failed
- Washington state – Conservative Student: Man Vandalized Display, Tried to Hit Her With Car Twice (The College Fix)
- Kentucky – Elderly Pro-Life Woman Attacked Outside Abortion Facility, Thighbone Broken
- Illinois – Pro-Life Students’ Display Stolen at Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville (Students for Life)
- Texas – Police Investigate Threats Against Pro-Life Republican Lawmakers (Dallas News)
- Missouri – Pro-life Speaker Michael Knowles Attacked during Speech at University of Missouri-Kansas City (Campus Reform)
- California – Pro-Abortion Students Allegedly Throw Pro-Life Display Into River, Protest Pro-Life Speech With Coat Hangers
- California – Video: Planned Parenthood Supporter Brutally Assaults Elderly Pro-Life Volunteer
- Massachusetts – Massachusetts Citizens for Life Receives Suspicious Package, Building Shut Down
- Michigan – Video: Abortion Activists Steal Crosses from Pro-Life Display at University of Michigan
- Massachusetts – Pro-lifer Punched in Face Outside Abortion Facility
- Connecticut – Pro-Life Students’ Display Vandalized at University of Connecticut
- Missouri – Items Stolen, Vandalized from Church Pro-Life Display (WDAF Kansas City)
- Minnesota – Campus Republican Club Catches Students on Video Tearing Down Pro-Life Fliers (College Fix)
- Australia – Video: Pro-Abortion Students Vandalize Pro-Life Campus Display (LifeChoice Australia)
- England – Police Investigate Violent Attacks on Pro-Life People at Prayer Vigils
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Allegedly Harass Pro-Life Rape Survivor, Police Called (Students for Life)
- Washington state – 3 Pro-Life Billboards Vandalized: “Your Life Drains Earth” (The Blaze)
- California – Abortion Activists Destroy, Steal UCLA Pro-Life Club Signs (Live Action)
- Virginia – Pregnancy Center Vandalized in Politically Motivated Attack
- Washington, D.C. – Abortion Activists Smash Pro-Life Sign, Hit Boy and His Dad With a Stick
- France – Abortion Activists Spraypaint “Blessed Abortion” on Catholic Church (National Catholic Register)
- Texas – Pro-Life Advocate Brutally Assaulted for Telling Man “Jesus Loves You”