The testimonies of two witnesses who worked with Planned Parenthood provided more validation Friday of the gruesome baby body parts trade uncovered by the Center for Medical Progress.
The preliminary hearing for undercover journalist David Daleiden began last week in California. Daleiden and Sandra Merritt face 15 felony charges for invasion of privacy because they exposed Planned Parenthood’s allegedly illegal sales of aborted baby body parts. Tuesday began a nine-day preliminary hearing about whether the case should go to trial, Courthouse News reports. Earlier in the hearing, a witness for the abortion industry admitted that the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) videos were “not altered.”
On Friday, witness Doe 9 continued with her testimony. According to the CMP report from the hearing, the witness, who appears to be the Planned Parenthood abortionist in Daleiden’s first undercover video, was “agitated, bothered and, at times, combative.”
Both she and a second witness, Doe 12 of the biotech company StemExpress, appeared “determined to avoid answering difficult and incriminating questions,” but their sworn testimonies “verified and vindicated” the undercover findings, according to the investigative group.
Doe 9 reportedly tried to avoid answering any questions Friday about harvesting the brains of aborted babies to possibly sell to researchers. In one undercover video, she described how Planned Parenthood abortionists have been “pretty successful” in harvesting intact brains from aborted babies by flipping the unborn baby into a breech position, which sounds a lot like an illegal partial-birth abortion.
“A clearly irritated Doe 9 pretended to not understand the question and refused to give a direct answer about the meaning of her words,” according to CMP.
Daleiden’s and Merritt’s attorneys said they tried to impeach her twice for lying under oath and contradicting her prior sworn testimony.
SUPPORT LIFENEWS! Help us take on the abortion industry, please help LifeNews.com with a donation!
The CMP undercover videos revealed horrific evidence about the harvesting of aborted babies’ brains at Planned Parenthood. One former StemExpress technician said she saw an aborted baby’s heart beating while they were harvesting his brain at an abortion facility in California.
According to CMP, StemExpress, which sent technicians to Planned Parenthood to help harvest aborted baby parts, also has been cited in published scientific literature as a source of fetal hearts used for Langendorff perfusion, which keeps a heart beating after it is excised from the body.
The evidence that CMP uncovered led to the prosecution of two other fetal tissue companies, DaVinci Biosciences and its sister company DV Biologics, for illegal profiting from the sales of aborted baby body parts. The companies admitted liability and paid a $7.8 million settlement in the case filed by the Orange County District Attorney’s Office.
On Friday, witness Doe 12 also testified. According to CMP, she worked as a tissue procurement technician for another company, Advanced Bioscience Resources, before founding StemExpress. Both companies worked with Planned Parenthood to harvest baby body parts and distribute them to researchers.
“In her sworn testimony, Doe 12 admitted that when a fetal brain is able to be harvested, it is because the baby’s head may still be attached to the body after being pulled out of the womb,” according to the report. “When confronted with her statements on [the] undercover video about shipping ‘intact cases,’ she also did not deny that StemExpress harvests and transfers unborn children from completely intact abortions.”
Doe 12 argued that her meeting at a restaurant with Daleiden and Merritt was private, and they signed a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before the meeting. However, during cross examination, defense attorneys produced an email showing that the NDA was not sent or signed until about a month after their meeting, and Doe 12 “stumbled and could not explain the discrepancy.”
She also testified under oath that the StemExpress documents shown in the undercover videos were “authentic,” the report states.
The hearing is scheduled to continue Tuesday.
Daleiden and Merritt believe their prosecution is politically motivated by politicians like California Attorney General Xavier Becerra and Kamala Harris, who received huge campaign donations from the abortion industry. No other journalists have been prosecuted for similar undercover investigations under California law, they contend.
The undercover investigation exposed numerous atrocities inside Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the U.S. Its findings prompted investigations by the U.S. House and Senate, as well as a number of states.
The committees concluded by recommending that the Department of Justice investigate Planned Parenthood. Both said they found strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law. The Department of Justice is investigating.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked, even though that is not true. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.