The preliminary hearing for undercover journalist David Daleiden continued Thursday with a witness for the abortion industry admitting that the Center for Medical Progress videos were “not altered.”
Daleiden and Sandra Merritt face 15 felony charges for invasion of privacy because they exposed the Planned Parenthood abortion chain’s gruesome baby body parts trade. Tuesday began a nine-day preliminary hearing about whether the case should go to trial, Courthouse News reports.
During the third day of the hearing in California court, the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) reported on the testimony of witness Doe 9, who was granted anonymity by the court after abortion activists complained about security concerns.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has claimed that Daleiden heavily edited the videos, supposedly to mislead the public about its alleged sales of aborted baby body parts. On Thursday, however, Doe 9 admitted that the video of her was not altered.
“Doe 9 admits in court that clips recorded by CMP played at preliminary hearing were not altered,” CMP wrote Thursday on Twitter.
BREAKING: Doe 9 admits in court that clips recorded by CMP played at preliminary hearing were not altered. #PPSellsBabyParts
— CMP (@CtrMedProgress) September 5, 2019
“The defense has twice moved to impeach Doe 9 because her sworn deposition testimony in civil federal case have contradicted her sworn testimony in preliminary criminal case hearings,” it continued.
The defense has twice moved to impeach Doe 9 because her sworn deposition testimony in civil federal case have contradicted her sworn testimony in preliminary criminal case hearings. #ImpeachDoe9 #PPSellsBabyParts
— CMP (@CtrMedProgress) September 5, 2019
The group accused her of “playing games with the court” by refusing to answer simple yes or no questions. It noted that the court saw evidence where “she acknowledged” previously that the video clips “were accurate” depictions of her conversation with Daleiden.
Based on descriptions from Courthouse News and CMP, Doe 9 appears to be the Planned Parenthood abortionist featured in the first video released by the Center for Medical Progress in 2015. In the video, then-Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s Senior Director of Medical Services, Dr. Deborah Nucatola describes how abortionists sometimes change the procedure to better harvest intact heads from aborted babies.
On Wednesday, Doe 9 was asked about her description of obtaining intact fetal heads, which sounds a lot like an illegal partial-birth abortion. However, according to CMP, Doe 9 refused to give direct answers to the questions.
REACH PRO-LIFE PEOPLE WORLDWIDE! Advertise with LifeNews to reach hundreds of thousands of pro-life readers every week. Contact us today.
On cross examination, Merritt’s attorney Horatio Mihet asked Doe 9 whether she cared that the tape had been made public. When Doe 9 answered yes, he impeached her with a transcript of her deposition from Planned Parenthood’s civil case against the Center for Medical Progress, where Doe 9 said, “I haven’t done anything wrong in the videos. It doesn’t matter to me if they’re released publicly.”
He also asked her whether she thought their conversation could be overheard by the server and other restaurant staff who could be seen passing by.
The hearing is slated to continue into next week.
Daleiden and Merritt believe their prosecution is politically motivated by politicians like California Attorney General Xavier Becerra and Kamala Harris, who received huge campaign donations from the abortion industry. No other journalists have been prosecuted for similar undercover investigations under California law, they contend.
The undercover investigation exposed numerous atrocities inside Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the U.S. Its findings prompted investigations by the U.S. House and Senate, as well as a number of states.
The committees concluded by recommending that the Department of Justice investigate Planned Parenthood. Both said they found strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law. The Department of Justice is investigating.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked, even though that is not true. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.