A man caught on video allegedly assaulting a pro-life advocate Saturday in Washington, D.C. appears to be a top Google employee.
The Daily Caller reports the man appears to be Quinn Chasan, the head of customer analytics at Google Cloud with the U.S. government, according to his LinkedIn profile. Photos from Chasan’s Instagram profile also appear to show the same man as the one in the video.
The allegations come amid growing concerns that Google has a strong pro-abortion, anti-conservative bias. Neither Google nor Chasan responded to the Caller’s requests for comment.
The alleged victim, Michael Gribbin, said the assault took place outside a Planned Parenthood abortion facility while he was writing pro-life messages in chalk on the sidewalks.
He said the man punched him repeatedly and wrestled him to the ground, resulting in multiple bruises on his torso, leg and face.
Gribbin posted two videos of the incident on YouTube. He told the Caller that he began filming after the alleged assailant stole his chalk.
SUPPORT LIFENEWS! If you like this pro-life article, please help LifeNews.com with a donation!
The report continues:
The two video clips, posted to YouTube, show Gribbin following his alleged assailant and demanding his chalk back, which he had been using to write pro-life messages on the pavement outside of Planned Parenthood.
The video shows the alleged assailant taking the chalk out of the bag and throwing it. He then walks to and unlocks his bike. Gribbin grabs the bike and says he won’t allow the man to leave until the police arrive. The video then appears to show the assailant punching and pushing him to the ground.
Gribbin estimated that he was punched eight to 12 times.
In the second video, the man, allegedly Chasan, denied assaulting Gribbin and blamed him for keeping him from leaving the scene.
“That’s because you stole my chalk,” Gribbin replied.
The man responded, “Dude, I’m going to kick the s— out of you again if you don’t get off my s—.” Then, it appeared that the man assaulted Gribbin again by knocking the camera out of his hands.
Gribbin filed a report with police, and police said they are investigating.
“V-1 [victim] called for Police assistance after he was punched and pushed by S-1 [suspect] after a heated argument turned physical in the 400 block of M street,” according to the police report obtained by the Daily Caller. “N.E. M.P.D Officers arrived on scene where V-1 flagged Officers down to give his account of events. This is an open case.”
Gribbin described the assault as “political violence” based on his pro-life stance. He said he hopes his attacker will be brought to justice.
Michael New, a pro-life advocate and professor at Catholic University, condemned the assault in a comment to the Caller. New frequently helps coordinate sidewalk counseling efforts.
“It is of utmost importance to me that the sidewalk counselors and prayer warriors are safe at all times,” New said. “Chalking a public sidewalk is protected by the first amendment. Furthermore, no one should have to fear for their safely for espousing pro-life views in public.”
Pro-life advocates increasingly are being targets of violence, threats, harassment and vandalism. Earlier this week, LifeNews reported about a Texas pregnancy center that was vandalized twice this year. Police also arrested two men in August for making death threats against pro-life politicians in Australia. And in May, an elderly pro-life woman spent time in the hospital after a woman reportedly shoved her to the ground outside a Kentucky abortion facility.
LifeNews has reported a rash of disruptive, harassing and violent incidents this year:
- Texas – Pregnancy Center Vandalized for Second Time This Year (Christian Post)
- Australia – Pro-Life MPs Receive Death Threats After Voting Against Radical Pro-Abortion Bill
- England – Christian Family’s Window Smashed after Displaying Pro-Life Poster (UK Metro)
- Illinois – Chicago Pregnancy Center’s Mobile Van Vandalized, Tires Slashed
- Washington, D.C. – Man who mocked, threatened to shoot pro-lifers at D.C. Planned Parenthood goes free (Live Action News)
- England – Scottish MP Receives Threats after Voting Against Pro-Abortion Bill (News Letter)
- North Carolina – Pregnancy Center Van Vandalized with Pro-Abortion Graffiti
- Wisconsin – Woman Arrested for Allegedly Vandalizing Pro-Life Display, Pushing Pro-Life Advocate (Created Equal)
- Texas – Anarchist Group Threatens to Dox Students who Join Conservative Pro-Life Groups (College Fix)
- Canada – Canadian Movie Theater Cancels “Unplanned” After Abortion Activists Threaten Violence, Catholic Herald Reports 2 Death Threats
- Canada – “Unplanned” Movie Premiers in Theaters Across Canada Despite Censorship and Pro-Abortion Threats
- North Carolina – Abortion Activists Arrested at City Council Meeting about Ordinance Restricting Free Speech (Charlotte Observer)
- Washington state – Video: Person Caught Stealing Crosses from Pro-Life Display (Students for Life)
- Ireland – Pro-Life Student Receives Death Threat after Writing Column Defending the Unborn (The Irish Catholic)
- Alabama – Pro-Life Sidewalk Counselors: Driver Tried to Hit Us outside Abortion Clinic (Live Action)
- Massachusetts – Abortion Activists Arrested After Throwing Urine on Pro-Life Speaker
- Illinois – Pro-Life College Student Receives Death Threats for Proposing Cuts to Abortion Funding (Fox News)
- Missouri – Abortion Activists Arrested at Protest Demanding Pro-Life Governor Keep Dangerous Abortion Clinic Open (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Florida – Video: Student Wrecks Pro-Life Display at University of Central Florida (Created Equal)
- Alabama – Abortion Advocates Threatened to Rape Pro-Life Legislator’s Wife After He Voted for Abortion Ban
- Mississippi – Pro-Life Advocate Hit with Cane, Pushed at Pro-Abortion Rally
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Spit on Pro-Life Woman, Threaten Rape (Created Equal)
- Ohio – Abortion Activist: Pro-Life Advocates “Deserve To Be Shot” (Created Equal)
- Washington, D.C. – Student: Abortion Activists Pushed, Threatened Him at National Protest (Breitbart)
- New Jersey – Student Pro-Life Display Vandalized, Signs Stolen (The Signal, College of New Jersey)
- Pennsylvania – Catholic Church Vandalized with Pro-Abortion Slogan
- Abortion Activists Threaten to Kill, Rape Wife and Daughter of Pro-Life Writer Matt Walsh
- Michigan – Pro-Life Office Vandalized after Lawmakers Pass Bill to Protect Unborn Babies
- North Carolina – Student Arrested for Stealing Sign from Pro-Life Advocates on Campus
- Alabama — Abortion Activist Caught on Camera Assaulting Pro-Life Woman, Punches Her Repeatedly
- California – Video: Student Destroys Pro-Life Display on Campus (Students for Life)
- Washington state – Police Investigating Arson after Pro-Life Display Set on Fire on Campus
- North Carolina – Video: Student Charged after Punching Pro-Lifer Repeatedly in the Face
- Pennsylvania – State Lawmaker Berates Pro-Life Woman, Attempts to Doxx Pro-Life Teenage Girls
- California – FBI Arrests Man for Allegedly “Serious” Death Threats against Pro-Life Speaker Ben Shapiro, Family (TMZ)
- Alabama – Abortion Activist Throws Paint inside Alabama House as Lawmakers Vote to Ban Abortion
- Texas – University of Texas Austin Student Pro-Life Materials Stolen, Thrown in the Gutter (Students for Life)
- More Than 50 Pro-Life Student Displays Vandalized This School Year (Students for Life)
- Texas – Abortion Activists Try to Shut Down Pro-Life Speaker With Smokebomb. They Failed
- Washington state – Conservative Student: Man Vandalized Display, Tried to Hit Her With Car Twice (The College Fix)
- Kentucky – Elderly Pro-Life Woman Attacked Outside Abortion Facility, Thighbone Broken
- Illinois – Thief Steals Pro-Life Students’ Display at Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville (Students for Life)
- Texas – Police Investigate Threats Against Pro-Life Republican Lawmakers (Dallas News)
- Missouri – Pro-life Speaker Michael Knowles attacked during speech at University of Missouri-Kansas City (Campus Reform)
- California – Pro-Abortion Students Throw Pro-Life Display Into River, Protest Pro-Life Speech With Coat Hangers
- California – WATCH: Planned Parenthood Supporter Brutally Assaults Elderly Pro-Life Volunteer
- Massachusetts – Massachusetts Citizens for Life Receives Suspicious Package, Building Shut Down
- Michigan – Video: Abortion Activists Steal Crosses from Pro-Life Display at University of Michigan
- Massachusetts – Pro-lifer Punched in Face Outside Abortion Facility
- Connecticut – Pro-Life Students’ Display Vandalized at University of Connecticut
- Missouri – Items Stolen, Vandalized from Church Pro-Life Display (WDAF Kansas City)
- Minnesota – Campus Republican Club Catches Students on Video Tearing Down Pro-Life Fliers (College Fix)
- Australia – Video: Pro-Abortion Students Vandalize Pro-Life Campus Display (LifeChoice Australia)
- England – Police Investigate Violent Attacks on Pro-Life People at Prayer Vigils
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Harass Pro-Life Rape Survivor, Police Called
- Washington state – 3 Pro-Life Billboards Vandalized: “Your Life Drains Earth” (The Blaze)
- California – Abortion Activists Destroy, Steal UCLA Pro-Life Club Signs (Live Action)
- Virginia – Pregnancy Center Vandalized in Politically Motivated Attack
- Washington, D.C. – Abortion Activists Smash Pro-Life Sign, Hit Boy and His Dad With a Stick
- France – Abortion Activists Spraypaint “Blessed Abortion” on Catholic Church (National Catholic Register)
- Texas – Pro-Life Advocate Brutally Assaulted for Telling Man “Jesus Loves You”