Before Kamala Harris was a Democratic presidential candidate and a U.S. senator, she prosecuted undercover journalist David Daleiden for exposing Planned Parenthood’s baby body parts trade.
On Wednesday, lawyers for the Center for Medical Progress leader filed a motion asking the court to throw out the search warrant that Harris ordered in 2016 on his home. The raid and the unreleased videos that Harris’s office seized led to Daleiden’s prosecution on 15 felony charges related to the privacy of the people he recorded.
“As a political favor to Planned Parenthood, Kamala Harris’ Attorney General’s office blatantly ignored black-letter California law protecting a citizen journalist’s unpublished materials and falsely alleged probable cause for a search warrant, over and above the objections of career law enforcement professionals,” his lawyers said in a statement to LifeNews.com.
They slammed the search warrant as a “sham” resulting from Harris’s close ties to Planned Parenthood.
“Internal email communications released between the Attorney General and Planned Parenthood shows an investigation conducted and overseen by Planned Parenthood and allied activist groups as the basis for a sham search warrant,” the lawyers wrote in the motion.
They produced evidence in the motion that several state investigators did not believe that the search warrant was accurate or based on probable cause. Despite this, Harris’s office seized unpublished videos and other documents from Daleiden’s computers, hard drives and other documents with “sensitive, unpublished editorial information,” according to the court document.
“It appears that the investigative staff had to be coerced into serving a search warrant that they opposed,” the motion states. “This is overwhelming evidence of bad faith.”
They said one agent was so strongly opposed to the move that he took “stress leave” so that he would not have to get involved.
The motion also notes that the Los Angeles Police Department refused to take down a report by one of the people Daleiden recorded because the recording was made “in a public restaurant,” not in private.
Other evidence suggests similar situations, including two of the people recorded by Daleiden admitting “that their conversations at restaurants could be overheard.”
If a judge grants the request and throws out the warrant, the charges against Daleiden would have to be dismissed.
“This is not an honest prosecution but rather a political favor to Planned Parenthood,” his lawyers said in the motion.
Not long after the raid, pro-life advocates called for Kamala Harris to resign as the California attorney general, pointing to her close work with Planned Parenthood on Daleiden’s case. Instead, Harris was elected as a U.S. senator of California, and Daleiden’s prosecution continued under Attorney General Xavier Becerra.
SUPPORT LIFENEWS! If you like this pro-life article, please help LifeNews.com with a donation!
Daleiden has been defending himself in court for years after he exposed gruesome baby body parts harvesting practices at Planned Parenthood. Many of the charges against him have been dropped, but the California case continues.
Earlier this summer, a judge slapped Daleiden with a $195,000 fine for using some of his undercover videos in alleged violation of a gag order. The judge, William Orrick, has links to the abortion industry. Daleiden’s lawyers said Orrick has had a long relationship with a group that partners with Planned Parenthood, and his wife publicly supported abortion online.
The Center for Medical Progress investigation exposed numerous atrocities inside Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the U.S. Its findings prompted investigations by the U.S. House and Senate, as well as a number of states.
The committees concluded by recommending that the Department of Justice investigate Planned Parenthood. Both said they found strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law. The Department of Justice is investigating.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked, even though that is not true. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.