Undercover journalist David Daleiden recently was hit with a $195,000 fine in California for exposing Planned Parenthood’s baby body parts trade.
Daleiden issued a plea for help this week after a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals panel refused to consider his appeal of the hefty penalty, the Daily Wire reports.
“I went undercover with hidden video cameras for almost 3 years to document and expose Planned Parenthood’s criminal sale of aborted baby body parts, because nobody else would, and it was the right thing to do,” Daleiden wrote on a Go Fund Me page set up to help pay the fine.
“Now Planned Parenthood, a biased federal judge, and a bogus legal scheme concocted by Kamala Harris are conspiring to fine me $195,000 for it,” he continued.
Federal Judge William Orrick penalized Daleiden and his lawyers for using some of his undercover videos in alleged violation of a gag order, according to the report. The video footage showed top Planned Parenthood staffers and other abortion industry leaders attending meetings of the National Abortion Federation in 2014 and 2015 and discussing gruesome details about aborted babies. In one clip, several attendees made jokes about eyeballs from aborted babies “rolling down into their laps.”
Orrick previously said the fine will pay for increased security and attorney fees for the National Abortion Federation as a result of the videos being released.
Daleiden said Orrick is biased. His lawyers have maintained that Daleiden is being persecuted by the abortion industry, activist politicians and judges.
Follow LifeNews on the Parler social media network for the latest pro-life news!
“Judge Orrick founded & funded a [Planned Parenthood] clinic yet is hearing their federal lawsuit against me,” Daleiden wrote on Twitter this week, “putting his thumbs on the scales of @KamalaHarris witch-hunt against me, and FINED me and lawyers $195,000 for trying to defend!”
Judge Orrick founded & funded a @PPact clinic yet is hearing their federal lawsuit against me, putting his thumbs on the scales of @KamalaHarris witch-hunt against me, and FINED me and lawyers $195,000 for trying to defend!
Please help if you can! 🙏🏽
— David Daleiden (@daviddaleiden) June 12, 2019
The Thomas More Society, which represents Daleiden, said Orrick imposed the penalty on their client without giving him due process.
However, the Ninth Circuit panel refused to hear their appeal. The court also refused their appeal to have another judge hear the case, one who does not have connections to Planned Parenthood.
Sarah Pitlyk, one of Daleiden’s lawyers, told the Daily Wire last week that the Ninth Circuit misread the district court order and overlooked important parts of the case.
“First, Mr. Daleiden and his criminal defense counsel remain subject to an exorbitant penalty for doing nothing other than trying to defend him against baseless, politically motivated criminal charges,” Pitlyk said. “Even worse than that, the Ninth Circuit also essentially ratified the federal court’s improper interference in Mr. Daleiden’s state criminal case, tying the defense’s hands going forward.
“It is a travesty that Mr. Daleiden’s accusers can use the video footage at the heart of these cases against him — both in court and in the court of public opinion — but Mr. Daleiden’s legal team cannot use the same footage in his defense, even in his own court filings, without fear of an entirely different tribunal imposing punitive fines,” she continued.
Now, Daleiden said he and his team are “scrambling” to come up with the money to pay the fine. He said the case and their appeals will continue despite another frustrating setback.
“I promise you I am fighting to make sure that not one cent goes to the abortion industry,” he said. “But I need your help to keep pressing forward full steam ahead, until we bring Planned Parenthood and those who traffic in aborted baby body parts to justice under the law.”
Daleiden has been defending himself in court for years after he exposed gruesome baby body parts harvesting practices at Planned Parenthood. Many of the charges against him have been dropped, but the California case (originally started by pro-abortion presidential candidate Kamala Harris) continues.
The Center for Medical Progress investigation exposed numerous atrocities inside Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the U.S. Its findings prompted investigations by the U.S. House and Senate, as well as a number of states.
The committees concluded by recommending that the Department of Justice investigate Planned Parenthood. Both said they found strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law. The Department of Justice is investigating.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points that the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked, even though that is not true. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.