Once again, it’s true to say that the upcoming Presidential and Congressional elections are as consequential and important as they have ever been.
With that in mind, I offer five points that we in the pro-life movement need to keep uppermost in mind and pass along to those who work with us to defend the unborn:
- The Elections of 2020 are It seems like the time between political seasons in America has shrunk to nothing. To have an impact, we have to keep up with that reality, like it or not. The 2020 election is underway right now, not later. And we have to be fully engaged in it right now as a top priority.
- Utilize the 2019 elections. There are a number of states that have crucial 2019 elections. North Carolina, for instance, has two special US House elections. Since we have to take back the House, these are crucially important and can make all the difference. Kentucky has a key Governor’s race. Other states have legislative races. The more we can register and turn out voters where there are 2019 races, the more ready we will be for 2020.
- All the Democrat candidates are ultimately the same. We have to think of the elections as a battle of power between two parties, with two opposite worldviews, and two diametrically opposed positions on the overriding matter of abortion. No matter how ‘good’ or ‘better than the other’ we think a Democrat candidate might be, we cannot let the House, the Senate or the White House fall under the control of that party, because if they do, it is the radical agenda of the party that takes over, not the individual man or woman who was elected. Do we really think, for example, that any of the judges appointed by any of the Democrat Presidential hopefuls would be better than any of the others? In the end, they are all the same, because they all represent the same radical, extreme, pro-abortion party.
- Define the issues now. At this point in the race, we have to clearly define for the American public the national issues that are at stake, and motivate them by these issues. All politics is actually not “local.” This is about the direction of America and the very survival of the principles on which it was founded. And the top two motivating issues for people who follow our movement, and many others, are judges and late-term abortion/infanticide. The President and the Republican Senate have already placed 112 excellent judges on the federal courts; many more are to come. Imagine what can be accomplished with a second term! And as for late term abortion and infanticide, we win on this issue even among people who call themselves “prochoice” and “Democrat.”
- We were never more free to speak. Many not-for-profit organizations, and certainly most Churches, have been very afraid to speak about elections and candidates. These fears were never justified, and this year they are less justified than ever. The Trump Administration has weakened the “Johnson Amendment” and has made it clear that all Americans, including pastors, are free to speak their mind without fear of punishment or discrimination by federal agencies. Let’s speak, therefore, with clarity and courage!
Follow LifeNews on the Parler social media network for the latest pro-life news!
For more information on what you can do to make a difference in the elections, visit www.ProLifeVote.com.