Abortion activists turned violent Tuesday in Mississippi during a rally to protest the new state heartbeat law.
The Blaze reports a pro-life advocate who showed up at the protest was hit with a cane and shoved after urging abortion activists to “have mercy on these babies.”
The attack is the latest in a growing string of assaults, vandalism and other harassment of pro-life advocates.
WAPT-TV reports the attack against Coleman Boyd occurred Tuesday during abortion activists’ protest outside the Mississippi Capitol in Jackson.
“I beg you, please, have mercy on these babies,” Boyd could be heard saying as abortion activists approached him.
A video of the incident showed a man jabbing Boyd with a cane. Boyd responded by urging someone to call the police; however, police did not arrive. Just a few minutes later, the video showed a police officer standing not far away from where Boyd was attacked.
Here’s more from the report:
Soon another pro-choice advocate in a tie-dyed shirt approached Boyd and repeatedly said, “F*** off, jackass,” before yet another appeared among the growing crowd, shoved Boyd backward, and also said, “F*** off.”
The pro-choice demonstrator who urged his fellow activists to not get physical told Boyd that he’s “disturbing a meeting” and should leave — but Boyd kept right on speaking.
“We are shedding innocent blood!” he told the pro-choice crowd. “And we as a people will stand before God!”
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ
Abortion activists surrounded Boyd on all sides, but he left the scene after a few minutes. The video showed him approaching a police officer soon afterward to explain that he had been assaulted, but the officer waved off Boyd.
The pro-life advocate said he showed up at the protest to be a voice for unborn babies.
“They’re being led to destruction, they don’t have a voice,” Boyd said. “They’re human beings made in the image of God.”
It is not clear if Boyd filed charges or if police are investigating.
Earlier this week, a judge blocked Mississippi from enforcing its new pro-life law. The legislation protects unborn babies from abortions once their heartbeats are detectable, about six weeks of pregnancy.
This year has brought an alarming uptick in violence against pro-life advocates.
Here is a list of reports compiled by LifeNews:
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Spit on Pro-Life Woman, Threaten Rape (Created Equal)
- Ohio – Abortion Activist: Pro-Life Advocates “Deserve To Be Shot” (Created Equal)
- Washington, D.C. – Student: Abortion Activists Pushed, Threatened Him at National Protest (Breitbart)
- New Jersey – Student Pro-Life Display Vandalized, Signs Stolen (The Signal, College of New Jersey)
- Pennsylvania – Catholic Church Vandalized with Pro-Abortion Slogan
- Abortion Activists Threaten to Kill, Rape Wife and Daughter of Pro-Life Writer Matt Walsh (Daily Wire)
- Michigan – Pro-Life Office Vandalized after Lawmakers Pass Bill to Protect Unborn Babies
- North Carolina – Student Arrested for Stealing Sign from Pro-Life Advocates on Campus
- Alabama — Abortion Activist Caught on Camera Assaulting Pro-Life Woman, Punches Her Repeatedly
- California – Video: Student Destroys Pro-Life Display on Campus (Students for Life)
- Washington state – Police Investigating Arson after Pro-Life Display Set on Fire on Campus
- North Carolina – Video: Student Charged after Punching Pro-Lifer Repeatedly in the Face
- Pennsylvania – State Lawmaker Berates Pro-Life Woman, Attempts to Doxx Pro-Life Teenage Girls
- California – FBI Arrests Man for Allegedly “Serious” Death Threats against Pro-Life Speaker Ben Shapiro, Family (TMZ)
- Alabama – Abortion Activist Throws Paint inside Alabama House as Lawmakers Vote to Ban Abortion
- Texas – University of Texas Austin Student Pro-Life Materials Stolen, Thrown in the Gutter (Students for Life)
- More Than 50 Pro-Life Student Displays Vandalized This School Year (Students for Life)
- Texas – Abortion Activists Try to Shut Down Pro-Life Speaker With Smokebomb. They Failed
- Washington state – Conservative Student: Man Vandalized Display, Tried to Hit Her With Car Twice (The College Fix)
- Kentucky – Elderly Pro-Life Woman Attacked Outside Abortion Facility, Thighbone Broken
- Illinois – Thief Steals Pro-Life Students’ Display at Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville (Students for Life)
- Texas – Two Pro-Life Republican Lawmakers Under Police Protection After Threats (Dallas News)
- Missouri – Pro-life Speaker Michael Knowles attacked during speech at University of Missouri-Kansas City (Campus Reform)
- California – Pro-Abortion Students Throw Pro-Life Display Into River, Protest Pro-Life Speech With Coat Hangers
- California – WATCH: Planned Parenthood Supporter Brutally Assaults Elderly Pro-Life Volunteer
- Massachusetts – Massachusetts Citizens for Life Receives Suspicious Package, Building Shut Down
- Michigan – Video: Abortion Activists Steal Crosses from Pro-Life Display at University of Michigan
- Massachusetts – Pro-lifer Punched in Face Outside Abortion Facility
- Connecticut – Pro-Life Students’ Display Vandalized at University of Connecticut
- Missouri – Items Stolen, Vandalized from Church Pro-Life Display (WDAF Kansas City)
- Minnesota – Campus Republican Club Catches Students on Video Tearing Down Pro-Life Fliers (College Fix)
- Australia – Video: Pro-Abortion Students Vandalize Pro-Life Campus Display (LifeChoice Australia)
- England – Police Investigate Violent Attacks on Pro-Life People at Prayer Vigils
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Harass Pro-Life Rape Survivor, Police Called
- Washington state – 3 Pro-Life Billboards Vandalized: “Your Life Drains Earth” (The Blaze)
- California – Abortion Activists Destroy, Steal UCLA Pro-Life Club Signs (Live Action)
- Virginia – Pregnancy Center Vandalized in Politically Motivated Attack
- Washington, D.C. – Abortion Activists Smash Pro-Life Sign, Hit Boy and His Dad With a Stick
- France – Abortion Activists Spraypaint “Blessed Abortion” on Catholic Church (National Catholic Register)
- Texas – Pro-Life Advocate Brutally Assaulted for Telling Man “Jesus Loves You”