Another pro-life advocate was punched in the face last month in North Carolina.
The pro-life group Created Equal was doing an outreach April 2 at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill when the assault occurred. The organization posted a video of the incident online this week.
The video begins with a female student approaching a young, male pro-life advocate, asking, “Did you put these [signs] up?” When he says yes, she lunges forward and punches him in the face several times, and then kicks him.
Later, the video shows local authorities explaining that the woman will be charged with assault.
“We are committed to defending babies. We are also committed to defending the right to defend babies. Thus, Created Equal is currently engaged in several open cases with prosecutors charging those who attack our property or people, including the incidents at UNC,” the pro-life group said in a statement.
Created Equal was on campus to display signs depicting the gruesome reality of abortion and to engage students in conversation about the human injustice of abortion against unborn babies.
“Pro-abortion activists are losing the argument, and instead of seeking debate they are escalating the violence on peaceful preborn defenders on college campuses. We will never cave to acts of violence or intimidation. We will return hate with love for mothers and their babies,” said Mark Harrington, president of Created Equal.
Click Like if you are pro-life to like the LifeNews Facebook page and receive the latest pro-life news.
Harrington said they also have another video showing a student at UNC being arrested for committing larceny against their organization. He said they plan to release it soon.
LifeNews and other pro-life groups have witnessed an alarming uptick in these type of incidents against pro-lifers. This spring, there were at least two additional physical assaults on pro-life advocates in Kentucky and California. The Kentucky incident left a sidewalk counselor with a broken leg that required surgery and rehabilitation.
This week, a Pennsylvania state representative is facing national outrage after he posted videos of himself harassing pro-life women and teenage girls in his district because they were peacefully praying outside an abortion facility in Philadelphia.
And, according to Students for Life of America, pro-life student clubs were victims of more than 50 acts of vandalism this school year.
Here is the list of reports:
- California – Video: Student Destroys Pro-Life Display on Campus (Students for Life)
- Washington state – Abortion Advocates Set Pro-Life Display on Fire
- Pennsylvania – State Lawmaker Berates Pro-Life Woman, Attempts to Doxx Pro-Life Teenage Girls
- California – FBI Arrests Man for Allegedly “Serious” Death Threats against Pro-Life Speaker Ben Shapiro, Family (TMZ)
- Alabama – Abortion Activist Throws Paint inside Alabama House as Lawmakers Vote to Ban Abortion
- Texas – University of Texas Austin Student Pro-Life Materials Stolen, Thrown in the Gutter (Students for Life)
- More Than 50 Pro-Life Student Displays Vandalized This School Year (Students for Life)
- Texas – Abortion Activists Try to Shut Down Pro-Life Speaker With Smokebomb. They Failed
- Washington state – Conservative Student: Man Vandalized Display, Tried to Hit Her With Car Twice (The College Fix)
- Kentucky – Elderly Pro-Life Woman Attacked Outside Abortion Facility, Thighbone Broken
- Illinois – Thief Steals Pro-Life Students’ Display at Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville (Students for Life)
- Texas – Two Pro-Life Republican Lawmakers Under Police Protection After Threats (Dallas News)
- Missouri – Pro-life Speaker Michael Knowles attacked during speech at University of Missouri-Kansas City (Campus Reform)
- California – Pro-Abortion Students Throw Pro-Life Display Into River, Protest Pro-Life Speech With Coat Hangers
- California – WATCH: Planned Parenthood Supporter Brutally Assaults Elderly Pro-Life Volunteer
- Massachusetts – Massachusetts Citizens for Life Receives Suspicious Package, Building Shut Down
- Michigan – Video: Abortion Activists Steal Crosses from Pro-Life Display at University of Michigan
- Massachusetts – Pro-lifer Punched in Face Outside Abortion Facility
- Connecticut – Pro-Life Students’ Display Vandalized at University of Connecticut
- Minnesota – Campus Republican Club Catches Students on Video Tearing Down Pro-Life Fliers (College Fix)
- Australia – Video: Pro-Abortion Students Vandalize Pro-Life Campus Display (LifeChoice Australia)
- England – Police Investigate Violent Attacks on Pro-Life People at Prayer Vigils
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Harass Pro-Life Rape Survivor, Police Called
- California – Abortion Activists Destroy, Steal UCLA Pro-Life Club Signs (Live Action)
- Virginia – Pregnancy Center Vandalized in Politically Motivated Attack
- Washington, D.C. – Abortion Activists Smash Pro-Life Sign, Hit Boy and His Dad With a Stick
- Texas – Pro-Life Advocate Brutally Assaulted for Telling Man “Jesus Loves You”