A new video shows an Alabama abortion activist throwing paint on the walls of a state government building as the legislature voted to protect unborn babies from abortion.
WAFF 48 reports Anne Susan DiPrizio, 48, of Vestavia Hills, faces disorderly conduct charges for allegedly vandalizing the building and shouting “This is dumb!” repeatedly at lawmakers. She also threw paint on security guards as they approached her, authorities said.
The new video shows a woman, identified by authorities as DiPrizio, marking the walls of the state House gallery with green paint. WSFA News 12 published the video on its website.
As the guards forcefully remove her, she shouts: “This is dumb! This is dumb! This is ignorant, and it’s wrong. We have a right to our own bodies.”
Click Like if you are pro-life to like the LifeNews Facebook page and receive the latest pro-life news.
On Tuesday, DiPrizio joined Planned Parenthood and other abortion activists to protest Alabama House Bill 314. Sponsored by Rep. Terri Collins, R-Decatur, the bill would make an abortion and attempted abortion a felony. Exceptions would be allowed if the mother’s life is at risk. It would make killing a baby in an abortion a Class A felony, punishable by life or 10 to 99 years in prison for abortionists. Mothers would not be punished.
The pro-life bill passed the state House Tuesday by an overwhelming majority.
DiPrizio appears to be a Unitarian minister who has a record of previous arrests, according to various Alabama news outlets. In December, the local news reported DiPrizio was arrested for allegedly throwing Christmas ornaments into traffic in front of the Hoover City Hall.
Interestingly, she also appears to have received an award from the Alabama chapter of the NAACP in 2018 for “courage and civil disobedience.” A Facebook page that appears to be DiPrizio’s, as well as a Unitarian church bulletin from Birmingham, Alabama, both mentioned the award and DiPrizio’s name.
The Facebook page also suggests that Planned Parenthood abortion activists bailed DiPrizio out of jail after the latest incident, though that has not been confirmed.
Vandalism and other forms of hostility against pro-lifers have been growing in recent years. Pro-life lawmakers and their families have been threatened, and pro-life sidewalk counselors have been assaulted.
Earlier this week, pro-life speaker Ryan Bomberger said abortion activists also tried to disrupt his speech at the University of Texas Austin by throwing a smoke bomb in the room.
These are the incidents LifeNews has observed this year:
- Pro-Life Student Clubs Were Victims of More Than 50 Vandalism Incidents This School Year
- Alabama – Abortion Activist Throws Paint inside Government Building as Lawmakers Vote to Ban Abortion
- California – FBI Arrests Man for Allegedly “Serious” Death Threats against Pro-Life Speaker Ben Shapiro, Family (TMZ)
- Texas – University of Texas Austin Student Pro-Life Materials Stolen, Thrown in the Gutter (Students for Life)
- Texas – Abortion Activists Try to Shut Down Pro-Life Speaker With Smokebomb. They Failed
- Washington state – Conservative Student: Man Vandalized Display, Tried to Hit Her With Car Twice (The College Fix)
- Kentucky – Elderly Pro-Life Woman Attacked Outside Abortion Facility, Thighbone Broken
- Illinois – Thief Steals Pro-Life Students’ Display at Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville (Students for Life)
- Texas – Two Pro-Life Republican Lawmakers Under Police Protection After Threats (Dallas News)
- Missouri – Pro-life Speaker Michael Knowles attacked during speech at University of Missouri-Kansas City (Campus Reform)
- California – Pro-Abortion Students Throw Pro-Life Display Into River, Protest Pro-Life Speech With Coat Hangers
- California – WATCH: Planned Parenthood Supporter Brutally Assaults Elderly Pro-Life Volunteer
- Massachusetts – Massachusetts Citizens for Life Receives Suspicious Package, Building Shut Down
- Michigan – Video: Abortion Activists Steal Crosses from Pro-Life Display at University of Michigan
- Massachusetts – Pro-lifer Punched in Face Outside Abortion Facility
- Connecticut – Pro-Life Students’ Display Vandalized at University of Connecticut
- Minnesota – Campus Republican Club Catches Students on Video Tearing Down Pro-Life Fliers (College Fix)
- Australia – Video: Pro-Abortion Students Vandalize Pro-Life Campus Display (LifeChoice Australia)
- England – Police Investigate Violent Attacks on Pro-Life People at Prayer Vigils
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Harass Pro-Life Rape Survivor, Police Called
- California – Abortion Activists Destroy, Steal UCLA Pro-Life Club Signs (Live Action)
- Virginia – Pregnancy Center Vandalized in Politically Motivated Attack
- Washington, D.C. – Abortion Activists Smash Pro-Life Sign, Hit Boy and His Dad With a Stick
- Texas – Pro-Life Advocate Brutally Assaulted for Telling Man “Jesus Loves You”