Police arrested an abortion activist Tuesday after she allegedly threw paint in the Alabama House gallery during debate on a bill to protect unborn babies from abortion.
WAFF 48 reports Anne Susan DiPrizio, 48, of Vestavia Hills, faces disorderly conduct charges for allegedly vandalizing the building and shouting “dumb” repeatedly at lawmakers. She also threw paint on House security guards as they approached her, according to authorities.
DiPrizio joined Planned Parenthood and other abortion activists to protest state House Bill 314. Sponsored by Rep. Terri Collins, R-Decatur, the bill would make an abortion and attempted abortion a felony. Exceptions would be allowed if the mother’s life is at risk. It would make killing a baby in an abortion a Class A felony, punishable by life or 10 to 99 years in prison for abortionists. Mothers would not be punished.
The pro-life bill passed the state House Tuesday by an overwhelming majority.
During the debate, DiPrizio reportedly put green sidewalk paint on a glass wall in the state House gallery, The Birmingham News reports. Police said she also tried to disrupt the session by repeatedly yelling “dumb” from the gallery.
DiPrizio appears to be a Unitarian minister who has a record of previous arrests, according to various Alabama news outlets. In December, the local news reported DiPrizio was arrested for allegedly throwing Christmas ornaments into traffic in front of the Hoover City Hall.
Hostility against pro-lifers has been growing in recent years. Students for Life of America said its pro-life clubs were victims of more than 50 vandalism incidents this year. Pro-life lawmakers and their families also have been threatened, and pro-life sidewalk counselors have been assaulted.
Earlier this week, pro-life speaker Ryan Bomberger said abortion activists also tried to disrupt his speech at the University of Texas Austin by throwing a smoke bomb in the room.
These are the incidents LifeNews has observed this year:
- Texas – University of Texas Austin Student Pro-Life Materials Stolen, Thrown in the Gutter (Students for Life)
- More Than 50 Pro-Life Student Displays Vandalized This School Year (Students for Life)
- Texas – Abortion Activists Try to Shut Down Pro-Life Speaker With Smokebomb. They Failed
- Washington state – Conservative Student: Man Vandalized Display, Tried to Hit Her With Car Twice (The College Fix)
- Kentucky – Elderly Pro-Life Woman Attacked Outside Abortion Facility, Thighbone Broken
- Illinois – Thief Steals Pro-Life Students’ Display at Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville (Students for Life)
- Texas – Two Pro-Life Republican Lawmakers Under Police Protection After Threats (Dallas News)
- Missouri – Pro-life Speaker Michael Knowles attacked during speech at University of Missouri-Kansas City (Campus Reform)
- California – Pro-Abortion Students Throw Pro-Life Display Into River, Protest Pro-Life Speech With Coat Hangers
- California – WATCH: Planned Parenthood Supporter Brutally Assaults Elderly Pro-Life Volunteer
- Massachusetts – Massachusetts Citizens for Life Receives Suspicious Package, Building Shut Down
- Michigan – Video: Abortion Activists Steal Crosses from Pro-Life Display at University of Michigan
- Massachusetts – Pro-lifer Punched in Face Outside Abortion Facility
- Connecticut – Pro-Life Students’ Display Vandalized at University of Connecticut
- Minnesota – Campus Republican Club Catches Students on Video Tearing Down Pro-Life Fliers (College Fix)
- Australia – Video: Pro-Abortion Students Vandalize Pro-Life Campus Display (LifeChoice Australia)
- England – Police Investigate Violent Attacks on Pro-Life People at Prayer Vigils
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Harass Pro-Life Rape Survivor, Police Called
- California – Abortion Activists Destroy, Steal UCLA Pro-Life Club Signs (Live Action)
- Virginia – Pregnancy Center Vandalized in Politically Motivated Attack
- Washington, D.C. – Abortion Activists Smash Pro-Life Sign, Hit Boy and His Dad With a Stick
- Texas – Pro-Life Advocate Brutally Assaulted for Telling Man “Jesus Loves You”