There’s encouraging news in a case involving David Daleiden and his undercover investigation of Planned Parenthood.
On Wednesday, a federal judge expressed skepticism about Planned Parenthood’s lawsuit against Daleiden and the Center for Medical Progress, Courthouse News reports. Several years ago, CMP exposed Planned Parenthood’s baby body parts trade in a series of undercover videos, prompting a federal investigation.
The abortion giant sued Daleiden in court, alleging that he and other CMP investigators engaged in racketeering, conspiracy and invasion of privacy and opened it up to violence. Planned Parenthood claims it had to spend millions of dollars to increase security as a result of the videos.
But on Wednesday, U.S. District Judge William Orrick III indicated that Planned Parenthood may lose its case, according to the report.
He told Daleiden’s lawyers: “I think your arguments may very well have force at the end of the day. If the things you laid out in your briefing turn out to be the only links, then there may be some real problems with the damages plaintiffs asserted and maybe with some of the plaintiffs themselves.”
The statements are surprising. Orrick has not been sympathetic to the undercover investigators in the past. He imposed a gag order on other undercover materials that CMP collected, and refused to recuse himself from the case, despite evidence that he has ties to Planned Parenthood.
Here’s more from the report:
Orrick refused to dismiss the lawsuit. But he said in October 2016 that Planned Parenthood may not be able to recover for damages caused by the “intervening actions of third parties” like the Colorado Springs gunman, because federal racketeering laws impose liability only if a defendant’s conduct directly caused a plaintiff’s alleged injuries.
Returning to this decision Wednesday, Catherine Short, the defendants’ attorney with Life Legal Defense Foundation, expressed doubt over whether [CMP investigator Albin] Rhomberg’s infiltration activities – specifically, the creation and use of fake IDs to get into the conferences – directly caused Planned Parenthood’s Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) damages.
“With regard to the RICO claim, predicate acts – the production of fake IDs – we just have a hard time understanding what possible facts they could hope to elicit to show a direct connection between the production of fake IDs and any damages to [a Planned Parenthood affiliate] who had no infiltration,” she told Orrick.
It is not clear when Orrick will rule on the case.
HELP LIFENEWS SAVE BABIES FROM ABORTION! Please help LifeNews.com with a donation!
The Center for Medical Progress investigation exposed numerous atrocities inside Planned Parenthood abortion facilities across the U.S. Its findings prompted investigations by the U.S. House and Senate, as well as a number of states. The federal committees concluded by recommending that the Department of Justice investigate Planned Parenthood. Both said they found strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law. The DOJ is investigating.
Planned Parenthood repeatedly has denied all allegations of wrong-doing, and many news outlets now parrot its talking points, claiming the undercover videos were deceptively edited or debunked, even though that is not true. An independent forensics investigation verified that the videos were authentic.
Some undercover videos show how Planned Parenthood employees callously and flippantly negotiated the price of tiny baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains. Other evidence uncovered by CMP indicates the abortion giant may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.