Crazy Study Claims It’s Good for Kids to Kill Their Siblings in an Abortion

National   Micaiah Bilger   Dec 5, 2018   |   10:54AM    Washington, DC

Children are better off when their mothers are able to abort their siblings, a well-known pro-abortion researcher claimed in a new study.

Diana Greene Foster, PhD, a pro-abortion researcher at the University of California San Francisco, has been studying the abortion issue for years. Her latest claims about the so-called benefits of killing unborn babies come from her massive “Turnaway” study, which follows women who were unable to get abortions.

Despite evidence to the contrary, Foster claimed women and their children get hurt when women do not get the abortions they “need.”

“The research is clear: Restricting access to abortion doesn’t just harm women — it harms their children as well,” she wrote at Stat News.

Recently published in the “Journal of Pediatrics,” her research compared the lives of women who were denied abortions and their children to 400 women who did abort their unborn babies and their children.

Among their findings, Foster claimed the women who did not abort their unborn babies were significantly worse socioeconomically, with “a greater chance of living below the poverty level (72 percent compared to 55 percent) or living in a household without enough money to cover food, housing, and transportation (87 percent compared to 70 percent).”

Children whose mothers did not abort their unborn babies also did not achieve developmental milestones as quickly as those whose mothers aborted their siblings, according to the research.

Women who gave birth after being denied abortions also were “much more likely to report poor maternal bonding — feeling trapped as a mother, resenting their baby, or longing for the ‘old days’ before they had the baby — with the child born after abortion denial than with the next child born following a wanted abortion.”

However, this is not consistent with Foster’s own statements about her research. She previously told the New York Times that only “about 5 percent of the women, after they have had the baby, still wish they hadn’t. And the rest adjust.” That suggests a full 95 percent of women in her study later indicated they were glad they did not abort their unborn babies.

SUPPORT LIFENEWS! If you like this pro-life article, please help LifeNews.com with a donation!

Foster claimed there are three sets of children who get hurt when a woman does not get the abortion that she wants: the child/children already born to the women, the child/children born after an abortion and, ironically, the child who was born because the mother did not abort him or her. In other words, the child who was given a chance at life rather than violently killed in an abortion may be hurt by not being aborted, according to Foster’s point of view.

For these reasons, women alone — and not the government — should be allowed to decide whether their unborn babies live or die, Foster argued.

“If a woman wants an abortion and cannot get one — a likely outcome for many if abortion becomes even more restricted than it already is — she will face diminished opportunities to achieve other life goals, gain secure financial footing, and have a child she can cherish and support,” she wrote.

There is a strong body of research that contradicts Foster’s findings about the effects of abortion on siblings.

Child psychiatrist and psychologist Dr. Philip Ney has done extensive research on the effects of abortion on siblings. He found that many siblings of aborted children experience survivor’s guilt and struggle with their sense of self-worth. Siblings of abortion victims also can suffer from depression, anxiety, low self esteem, fear of the future and other psychological problems, according to Ney’s research.

“The most prominent symptom of PASS [post-abortion survivor syndrome] is existential guilt, ‘I feel I don’t deserve to be alive,’” Ney wrote in 2011.

A few years ago, the child of an abortion activist shared how deeply the news that she had aborted siblings affected her.

“Suddenly, I realized my mother carried me to term not because I was a mythical child loved from the outset, but because I happened to be in the right place at the right time. I wasn’t any more special than my siblings—just lucky enough to have been a planned and wanted pregnancy,” the writer said.

And then there is the obvious: Children who are born rather than aborted are not better off dead, as Foster claimed. Like every other human being, they deserve the chance to live, to grow and to overcome the adversities of life.