A Planned Parenthood affiliate at the center of the baby body part sales scandal recently reported a record $100 million income.
Planned Parenthood Mar Monte, based in San Jose, California, was caught in a series of undercover videos allegedly selling aborted baby body parts for profit. A U.S. House investigative committee later referred it to federal authorities for criminal investigation, but there has been no word on the investigation for almost a year.
Now, according its Federal Form 990 filed with the federal government, the California abortion chain is reaping in a record amount of money.
Planned Parenthood Mar Monte reported an income of $109.7 million during its last fiscal year (July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2017), including $70.4 million from taxpayers. California is one of more than a dozen states that forces taxpayers to pay for elective abortions.
The abortion chain paid its top six employees about $1.3 million in salaries, and reported an “excess income” of $15.5 million, according to the filing.
A large chunk of the money came from taxpayers, but the undercover investigation by the Center for Medical Progress suggests that more may have come from the sales of aborted baby body parts.
In 2016, CMP leader David Daleiden outlined how much money the affiliate could make selling aborted baby parts in a year: “Planned Parenthood Mar Monte did 18,035 abortions [in 2015] – if each abortion yielded just one ‘usable’ ‘product of conception’ for StemExpress, Planned Parenthood Mar Monte stood to gain nearly $1 million every year from its sale of tiny baby hearts, lungs and brains.”
StemExpress is a human tissue procurement company that worked with Planned Parenthoods, including the Mar Monte branch. Its promotional materials mentioned “financially profitable” partnerships, though Planned Parenthood has denied any illegal activity.
What will happen next remains to be seen. In December 2017, the U.S. Department of Justice took up the U.S. House committee’s calls for an investigation into the alleged illegal aborted baby body parts sales. The committee also found evidence that Planned Parenthood Mar Monte and others may have broken HIPAA patient privacy laws.
“These violations occurred when the abortion clinics disclosed patients’ individually identifiable health information to StemExpress to facilitate the TPB’S efforts to procure human fetal tissue for resale,” the House committee explained.
According to the committee, StemExpress put tissue procurement technicians inside abortion facility to harvest aborted babies’ body parts. These technicians received patients’ private medical records and were permitted to interview patients, the committee said.
The procurement technicians were paid hourly and a per tissue “bonus” for each item they procured; and then StemExpress paid the abortion facility for each fetal tissue and blood sample, according to the panel’s investigation.
StemExpress technicians also appeared to be negotiating sales with customers while abortions were taking place – “presumably before they obtained informed consent to procure the fetal tissue,” according to the investigation. It referred to a series of graphic emails between a StemExpress employee and a potential buyer who wanted an aborted baby’s skull and limbs. In one email exchange, an employee wrote, “There is one [abortion] case currently in the room, I will let you know how the limbs and calvarium [skull] look to see if you are able to take them in about 15 minutes.”
The emails also raised questions about whether the abortionists illegally changed the abortion procedure to better harvest the aborted baby’s body parts.
Despite these questionable dealings, the California abortion chain has been profiting hugely off hardworking taxpayers. In March, the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office released a report about the taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood and noted that the Mar Monte branch had reaped in $229 million between 2013 and 2015.
Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion business in America, aborting approximately 320,000 unborn babies every year. The national arm’s most recent annual report showed a record income of $1.46 billion, with about half a billion dollars coming from taxpayers.
The expose videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome