Christine Ford has released a public statement for the first time since her controversial accusations against now Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
Ford claimed he sexually assaulted her when they were in high school but Kavanaugh denied the claims, every witness Ford produced who supposedly could corroborate her story said it never happened and an FBI investigation found no proof or evidence to support her claims.
Now, Ford is speaking out for the first time and is thanking donors who gave her well over half a million dollars. Here’s more:
Ford released a statement on a GoFundMe page collecting donations for her last week. The page was created on Sept. 18 with an initial goal of $150,00. It has raised nearly $650,000 on her behalf.
“Words are not adequate to thank all of you who supported me since I came forward to tell the Senate that I had been sexually assaulted by Brett Kavanaugh,” Ford wrote. “Because of your support, I feel hopeful that our lives will return to normal.”
After thanking her supporters, Ford wrote that the “generous contributions” that have allowed her and her family to protect themselves from “frightening threats” and increase security on their home.
According to Ford, the funds were partly used to pay for a security service since Sept. 19, which “has recently begun to taper off,” as well as “housing and security costs incurred in Washington DC, and local housing for part of the time we have been displaced.”
REACH PRO-LIFE PEOPLE WORLDWIDE! Advertise with LifeNews to reach hundreds of thousands of pro-life readers every week. Contact us today.
The Senate voted in October to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be the next Associate Justice on the Supreme Court, replacing pro-abortion Justice Anthony Kennedy following his retirement. Kavanaugh was confirmed on a 50-48 vote.
The FBI interviewed nine potential witnesses in search of possible corroboration of Christine Ford’s claim that Kavanaugh forcibly groped her when they were teenagers. Although the report is not expected to be made public as FBI reports are usually not made public to protect the confidentiality of witnesses, potential witnesses named by Ford previously said they had no knowledge of the party where she claims the attack occurred. They reiterated those statements to the FBI.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley viewed the FBI’s report and said nothing it in confirms the claims Christine Ford made about Kavanaugh.