Planned Parenthood of Illinois, located on North LaSalle Drive in Chicago, Illinois, has hospitalized its ninth patient in the past twelve months, making it among the most dangerous abortion facilities in the U.S.
The most recent medical emergency at this Planned Parenthood facility happened on October 6, 2018, as a group of pro-life activists looked on.
According to 911 records supplied to Operation Rescue the Pro-Life Action League, an abortion patient who was just 19 years old suffered heavy bleeding from her uterus and was vomiting after an abortion.
Apparently, no doctor was on the scene at the time of the 911 call, because the Planned Parenthood caller informed the 911 dispatcher that she had a patient that needed to see a doctor.
911: And what’s the problem there?
PP: So, we need a patient to be seen by a doctor because she’s having some heavy bleeding and vomiting.
The caller went on to explain that the bleeding was from the uterus and vagina.
This Planned Parenthood facility has abortion procedure rooms located in the basement. Responders were instructed to meet a Planned Parenthood worker at the street level where they would then be escorted to the elevator.
“Think about what happened here,” asked Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue. “A young woman not long out of high school walks into a Planned Parenthood office thinking she will undergo a safe, quick abortion, then get on with her life. Instead, she suffers serious complications including hemorrhaging, pain, nausea and vomiting. She likely takes her first fearful ride in an ambulance to an emergency room where she had to undergo measures to stop her bleeding and save her life. Her traumatic experience also likely causes a hospital stay. Recovery time and pain takes longer than she thought. Her plans are at least temporarily disrupted, and she walks away with a large hospital bill – not to mention a dead son or daughter, which she now has time to ponder in some depth, to her sorrow.”
Newman continued, “This is the deception that Planned Parenthood and other abortion businesses engage in every day. They convince women that abortion will solve the challenges they face quickly, easily, and safely. They count on the stress of the situation to ensure that women won’t read the fine print about possible complications on the lengthy consent forms. Women never know the truth about how many times other women have had traumatic or lethal abortion experiences that leave their family and friends grief-stricken. But for many women, even if they knew, they think it will never happen to them – until it does.”
Other documented medical emergencies within the past year at the Chicago Planned Parenthood on N. La Salle Drive include:
• September 11, 2018: A patient suffered a “really bad” panic attack after an abortion with which the Planned Parenthood medical staff could not cope. Emergency assistance and transport were required to help the patient.
• September 5, 2018: 28-year old woman needed an ambulance for post-abortion procedure bleeding that could not be controlled.
• July 27, 2018: A 30-year old woman suffered uncontrolled vaginal bleeding after an abortion.
• July 5, 2018: A 35-year old woman was transported to the hospital after hemorrhaging due to lacerations of her cervix and/or uterus. Efforts by the Planned Parenthood abortionist to stop the bleeding were unsuccessful.
• February 27, 2018: A 32-year old woman was said to be “not as responsive as we like her to be” after an abortion.
• February 3, 2018: A 26-year old woman was experiencing “heavy, excessive bleeding” after an abortion and required emergency medical care.
• November 16, 2017: A 20-year old woman suffered seizures after an abortion and needed to be transported to the hospital for further care.
• October 4, 2017: A 35-year old woman required emergency transport after an abortion for bleeding “more than normal.”
In 2012, Tonya Reaves died after receiving a botched second trimester abortion that some think was done at the LaSalle Planned Parenthood. She bled internally for 5 1/2 hours before an ambulance was called, but by then, it was too late to save her life. Planned Parenthood settled a lawsuit filed by her family for $2 million.
“In Chicago, a radical abortion-supporting political agenda continues to protect Planned Parenthood and place its interests above the lives and safety of women and their babies. No other outpatient medical facility would be allowed to get away with what Planned Parenthood has gotten away with,” said Newman. “This clinic must be shut down!”
LifeNews.com Note: Cheryl Sullenger is a leader of Operation Rescue.