The Kavanaugh controversy is rapidly becoming the Ford farce.
As you have heard, Dr. Christine Ford, the woman making charges against Judge Brett Kavanaugh, is now saying that she is unwilling to testify until an FBI investigation has been conducted. Lisa Banks, another of Ford’s attorneys, told CNN yesterday, “Any talk of a hearing on Monday frankly is premature.”
Here’s what you need to know:
- As I noted in yesterday’s report, the left has one goal — to run out the clock. Progressives believe they can retake the Senate in November, and they know a Schumer-controlled Senate will not confirm Brett Kavanaugh or any conservative to the Supreme Court.
- The idea of an FBI investigation of a vague charge from 36 years ago is laughable. That is not the FBI’s job, and the Bureau is rightly refusing to investigate it. Ford is offering almost no details. The accusation, which amounts to character assassination, is unproven and unprovable.
- Yet another alleged witness, Patrick J. Smyth, has come forward to say he has no recollection of the event Ford has described.
- Judge Kavanaugh is clearly guilty — of being a judicial conservative. That is what this is all about. Just ask Clarence Thomas.
- Senators Flake and Corker, who initially slammed the brakes on Kavanaugh’s confirmation, have now issued statements expressing support for a vote as scheduled if Ford refuses to testify.
- Liberals even appear to be losing left-wing MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski, who said this morning that if Ford won’t testify, then Republicans should be expected to proceed with a vote on Kavanaugh’s confirmation.
Is this whole thing just another “insurance policy”? I believe it is.
Of course, I am referring to deep state FBI conspirators Lisa Page and Peter Strzok. While they were convinced that Trump would not be elected, they nevertheless concluded that too much was at stake. So they needed an insurance policy to destroy his presidency, just in case. That was a fake narrative of Russian collusion.
I believe this uproar over a 36 year-old accusation is evidence of another “insurance policy.”
Leftists lied about what Kavanaugh said. They leaked information. They encouraged thugs to disrupt the hearings. Now, when all else has failed, they come up with a decades-old charge to besmirch a good man and embarrass his family.
LifeNews.com Note: Gary Bauer is the president of American Values, a national pro-family organization and is the former president of the Family Research Council. Bauer ran for the Republican nomination for president and appears frequently on radio and television programs.