Yesterday, the Planned Parenthood abortion business named Leana Wen as its new president to replace abortion activist Cecile Richards. She quickly called killing babies in abortions “lifesaving work.”
Now, pro-life advocates are wondering if Planned Parenthood will continue selling the body parts of unborn babies as it did under Cecile Richards’ leadership.
Wen takes over Planned Parenthood at a time when it and the abortion industry are under investigation for potentially illegally selling the body parts of aborted babies.
Last December, the U.S. Department of Justice announced it is officially investigating whether the abortion chain Planned Parenthood sold aborted babies’ body parts for profit. A letter from Justice Department Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs Stephen Boyd requested unredacted documents from the U.S. Senate committee that investigated the abortion chain in 2016.
The committee, as well as a U.S. House investigative committee, both recommended that the DOJ investigate Planned Parenthood after finding strong evidence that the abortion chain broke the law.
The investigation came about as a result of a series of undercover videos by the Center for Medical Progress that exposed the baby body parts trade inside the nation’s largest abortion provider.
David Daleiden, the undercover reporter who exposed Planned Parenthood’s sale of body parts from aborted babies, wants to know if Wen will continue having the abortion company sell aborted baby parts.
Also, Wen is a physician by training and has previously volunteer at a Planned Parenthood abortion facility in St. Louis Missouri. Daleiden told LifeNews today that he is curious to know whether Wen ever killed babies in abortion in her capacity at Planned Parenthood or as a doctor. And, if not, will she ever do abortions in her new role as the president of Planned Parenthood?
Wen is known for her push for more transparency from doctors in the medical process, and in that spirit, Daleiden will shed any light on whether she has actually done abortions and if aborted baby parts will continue to be potentially illegally sold.
“After Cecile Richards’ sudden and unexplained departure in the wake of the U.S. Department of Justice’s active investigation of Planned Parenthood for selling aborted baby body parts, the nation’s biggest abortion business has announced its new president will be pro-abortion advocate Dr. Leana Wen,” Daleiden told LifeNews.
“Wen previously led initiatives calling for “radical transparency” from doctors about their views on controversial issues like abortion. In this spirit, Planned Parenthood and its new president should immediately disclose how many abortions Dr. Wen has performed, whether she will perform abortions as Planned Parenthood president and up to what gestational age, and if she supports contracts for baby body parts like the ones the biggest Planned Parenthood affiliates entered into under Richards’ leadership,” he said.
Daliden continued: “CMP also asks Dr. Wen directly: does “radical transparency” for doctors include undercover video?”
Carol Tobias, president of National Right to Life, tells LifeNews that she expect Wen to continue keeping abortion as the number one focal point for the abortion business.
“Though it’s being largely ignored in media accounts, the appointment of a new president does not change the fact that Planned Parenthood’s primary focus is on abortion, with their clinics performing more than one-third of abortions annually in the United States. No doubt Leana Wen will seek to continue promoting and expanding Planned Parenthood’s abortion empire,” Tobias said.
Wen currently serves as the Commissioner of Health for the City of Baltimore and in that capacity she put her pro-abortion views front and center as she attempted to force pregnancy centers that provide women with abortion alternatives and pregnancy options to promote abortions.
But while Wen has had plenty of time to promote abortion, she has refused to condemn a practice in her native country that she be a no-brainer to condemn. During its population control regime, seventy million unborn baby girls were aborted—killed in the womb simply because they were female. Wen has never condemned the practice of sex-selection abortion and female gendercide in China.
The abortion chain Planned Parenthood receives approximately half a billion taxpayer dollars every year, while performing about 320,000 abortions annually.
Wen is slated to leave her position as Baltimore’s top health official on October 12 and start her position as Planned Parenthood president after the November election.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.