I thought I’d get back to you with a report on National Pro-Life Bridges Day this past Friday. With reports coming in from teams in more than 50 cities across the United States, we estimate that well over 1,000,000 highway commuters saw our banners reading, “Abortion takes a human life.”
Among the highlights from Friday:
- Pro-life banners were displayed in all weathers, including heavy rain in several Midwestern cities and extreme heat in the South, with temperatures topping out at 103 degrees in Waco, Texas.
- Response from the public was quite positive; as the leader in Akron, Ohio, reported: “In all my years of doing witnessing, I’ve never heard as many car horns and seen as many thumbs up or waving to us as we did today!”
- In Hamilton, New Jersey, several drivers stopped at a nearby scenic overlook to take pictures of signs held on a pedestrian overpass.
- The team in Santa Cruz, California, was so inspired by this project they plan to head back out on their highway overpass this coming Friday.
- In Tulsa, Oklahoma a driver stopped to pass out bottles of water to the pro-life signholders, saying, “Keep up the good work!”
- Among the media coverage of this project was a local NBC News TV story in South Bend, Indiana.
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ
My staff and I are now putting together plans to expand this project in the future with additional cities and other pro-life messages on our banners.
LifeNews.com Note: Eric Scheidler is the executive director of the Pro-Life Action League and the son of the famous pro-life activist Joe Scheidler.