Hospital Staff Warned to Hide Uniforms and IDs in Public Claiming Alfie Evans Supporters Will “Abuse” Them

International   |   Steven Ertelt   |   Apr 26, 2018   |   10:38AM   |   Washington, DC

A ridiculous warning has been issued for Hospital staff and government workers in the British NHS Health System to hide their uniforms and IDs in public. Why? Supposedly supporters of Alfie Evans and his family will “abuse” them if they don’t. Healthcare workers at the Royal Liverpool Hospital are reportedly being advised to cover up their uniforms and not wear hospital ID off site.

Ironically,  Alfie is currently being treated by medical staff at Liverpool’s Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, not at Royal Liverpool Hospital

The crazy warning comes after local police warned supporters of Alfie Evans that their social media posts would be subject to monitoring and possible prosecution.

As the Liverpool Echo reports:

Staff at the Royal Liverpool hospital have been warned to hide their uniform and ID outside work amid fears over hostility towards healthcare workers on Merseyside surrounding the Alfie Evans case.

Merseyside Police issued a warning last night that online abuse of Alder Hey Children’s Hospital would not be tolerated, and that the force would investigate and act where necessary.

A spokesman for the Royal told the ECHO: “Following local reports of abuse towards NHS staff, we have provided our staff with advice regarding their own safety and security.

“Abuse of NHS staff or others whose role is to protect and care for others should not be tolerated.”

No specific instance of abuse were made in the police statement.

SIGN THE PETITION! Please Let Alfie Evans’ Parents Take Care of Him

Alfie Evans’ parents will meet with staff from Alder Hey Children’s Hospital today to request permission to take Alfie home. His father Tom Evans says he would not try to take Alfie to Italy if allowed to bring Alfie home, but that he would have doctors and support staff help Alfie from their home. Alfie has survived for a third day after hospital doctors removed his life support without their permission.