As attorneys for Alfie Evans’ family and Alder Hey Children’s Hospital battle it out in court over the future of the 23-month old little boy, a huge new concern has materialized.
The judge in the case just prohibited Alfie’s family from taking him to Italy for care and treatment and potential experimental treatment for his rare degenerative neurological disorder. There is still a determination to be made about whether or not Alfie’s family can take him home.
But before any of that happens, Alfie’s father Tom is concerned about his son and whether or not he will starve to death because the hospital is withholding food.
One of the biggest questions most people observing this horrific case have asked is whether or not Alfie is getting food and water after the hospital yanked his life support yesterday over his parents objections. Oxygen was another question and Alfie’s family indicated that Alfie eventually received oxygen that significantly improved his physical condition.
Eventually Alfie’s family indicated he was receiving water as well. But in a brand-new post on Facebook, Alfie’s father makes it clear that a little boy is not receiving any food and he’s concerned that Alfie maybe starve to death.
“UPDATE: HE HAS NOW BEEN STARVED FROM NUTRITION FOR 23 hours😡😡😡😡 how is this HUMANE where does his DIGNITY LIE?” Tom Evans wrote.
Despite the lack of foo,d Tom indicates Alfie is holding up well.
“Coming up to 24 hours and he’s fighting with gorgeous his gorgeous features, pink lips, handsome grown up face, and odd cheeky smile now and again,” he said.
SIGN THE PETITION! Please Let Alfie Evans’ Parents Take Care of Him
Supporters of Alfie and his family were livid at the news.
* This is heartbreaking 😢 they need to give him a chance and let him go!! What harm can it do?? They just don’t want to be proved anymore wrong than they have been already…..it’s disgraceful and I’m ashamed to be British right now
* Oh my god are they not feeding him??????? Keep going little man xx
* Plan A didn’t work so I’m guessing this is plan B 😡 monsters the lot of them even the nurses that have cared for him all this time how do u sleep knowing that boy is fighting but starving 🤬 Alfie keep fighting little one you’re doing fab
* He should be fed through a tube now or some people live a normal life with a peg feed in stomach. Keep strong Tom and Kate. Keep fighting for him to get out of this awful hospital xx💜💙
* stay strong Alfie. I don’t understand how they can do this to him
* How appalling he needs some food some milk something
* Disgusting I’m ashamed to be british today feed Alfie love him get him to Italy
* Heartbreaking how they are treating your wee son. Also yous as alfies parents. Its disgusting how they can do this.
An air ambulance has arrived outside the hospital where little Alfie Evans is located. Alfie has breathed on his own and has survived for over 20 hours after the Children’s Hospital yanked his life support.
Alfie has defied doctors’ expectations to this point and his parents are headed back to court to fight for his life further. They are hoping to be able to get life support restored and also want to be able to take him to Italy, which granted him citizenship yesterday.
Today, a British doctors group, The Medical Ethics Alliance, expressed its horror over the treatment of Alfie Evans that it called a “medical tyranny.”
And Italy’s Healthcare Chief has slammed the decisions by UK courts to treat Alfie the way that they have. The President of the Italian National Institute of Health lambasted the UK High Court’s decision yesterday on Alfie Evans’ that resulted it the children’s hospital being allowed to remove life support over Alfie’s parents’ objections.
Alfie’s father confirmed the removal of life support and oxygen in a video at 9:17 p.m. London time. “Alfie’s still here and fighting,” he said.
Pope Francis has repeatedly spoken on Alfie’s behalf and urged that Alfie’s parents be allowed to bring him to Italy.