A whistle-blower who worked with Planned Parenthood to harvest aborted baby body parts said some later-term unborn babies’ organs were harvested without their mothers’ consent.
“It’s stealing, it’s stealing baby parts,” said former StemExpress employee Holly O’Donnell in a new video by the Center for Medical Progress.
O’Donnell is a California phlebotomist who worked inside some of the biggest Planned Parenthood surgical abortion centers in northern California drawing blood and dissecting organs from aborted babies, which the company then sold to researchers across the country. She worked for StemExpress from December 2012 to April 2013, ultimately quitting in disgust with the company’s business model.
In 2015, O’Donnell was a key whistle-blower who helped to expose the aborted baby body parts trade with the Center for Medical Progress.
In the new video, O’Donnell told CMP’s David Daleiden that she and other StemExpress employees were supposed to obtain consent from every woman to collect the body parts of her aborted baby, but sometimes they did not.
“If there was like a high-gestated fetus, I have witnessed there was no consent signed, and these women didn’t know that it was getting taken,” O’Donnell said.
She said later-term aborted babies’ body parts are more valuable, and StemExpress had orders to fill.
O’Donnell, who said she was the only licensed phlebotomist from StemExpress at the time, also described how Planned Parenthood let unlicensed StemExpress workers draw blood from patients and, in one case, even place an IV.
O’Donnell said even she is not supposed to place an IV as a licensed phlebotomist, but another employee with even less medical training did.
“Planned Parenthood and their business partners like StemExpress preyed on pregnant women to harvest and sell aborted baby body parts in an illegal profit-driven scheme,” Daleiden said of the new video. “Public officials should shut down Planned Parenthood’s barbaric abortion empire so Planned Parenthood can never defraud the public, hurt patients or sell aborted baby hearts, lungs, livers and brains again.”
In a previous video, O’Donnell said the abortion chain also violated HIPAA regulations by releasing patient information to StemExpress employees.
O’Donnell talked in detail about the extent to which Planned Parenthood abortion clinic staffers gave the third-party contractors at StemExpress access to private patient medical information inside the abortion clinics in order to match and fulfill body parts orders. Each day, StemExpress contractors were given print-outs with patients’ names and medical information, access to patient medical charts, and even access to Planned Parenthood’s internal computer database of patient information, she said. Hundreds of thousands of personal medical files may have been compromised by this scheme that involves routine violations of HIPPA standards.
O’Donnell said Planned Parenthood gave StemExpress access to patient medical charts and even to the clinics’ computer network to download patient schedules across the entire Planned Parenthood affiliate.
This isn’t the first time Planned Parenthood has been accused of violating the federal HIPPA law to sell aborted baby parts. Last year, the House Select Panel referred numerous HIPAA violations at Planned Parenthood for further investigation.
The House Energy & Commerce Committee’s Select Investigative Panel referred StemExpress, Planned Parenthood Mar Monte, and Planned Parenthood Northern California to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for five years of “systematic violations” of the HIPAA privacy rule in the organizations’ aborted body parts harvesting program. “These violations occurred when the abortion clinics disclosed patients’ individually identifiable health information to StemExpress to facilitate the TPB’S efforts to procure human fetal tissue for resale.”
The abortion company has also been exposed for selling the body parts of aborted children. The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.
- The 15th video catches Planned Parenthood showing off arms and legs of aborted babies for sale.