Pro-life advocate Sandra (Susan) Merritt has asked a court to dismiss the bogus charges a pro-abortion state attorney general filed against her related to the undercover investigation and exposure of the Planned Parenthood abortion business selling the body parts of aborted babies. She aided pro-life advocate David Daleiden in exposing the nation’s biggest abortion company selling parts of aborted babies.
California Attorney General Xavier Beccera charged Daleiden and Sandra Merritt with 15 felony counts of eavesdropping. The first set of charges were dismissed by San Francisco Superior Court Judge Christopher Hite in the criminal case for lack of specificity. Beccera recently amended and refiled the charges — which Daleiden is fighting extensively.
On Friday, Merritt the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals to uphold California law, protect her First Amendment rights, and order the trial court to dismiss Planned Parenthood’s outrageous 15-count civil suit against her.
Planned Parenthood filed a retaliatory, 15-count civil suit against Merritt, seeking $16 million as punishment for her undercover investigation, which revealed and exposed the abortion mill’s unethical and potentially illegal profiting from the sale of human baby body parts.
Mat Staver, a pro-life attorney who runs Libety Counsel and is representing Merritt, told LifeNews that the entire exercise is ridiculous.
“Planned Parenthood has offered virtually no evidence to substantiate any of its claims. Even though California law clearly requires more evidence, the trial court refused to dismiss Planned Parenthood’s lawsuit and allowed it to proceed on the basis of mere allegations. This deprived Merritt of the essential protections of California law,” he said. “Unsurprisingly, Planned Parenthood’s baseless and vindictive lawsuit ignores the law, so we asked the Ninth Circuit to throw it out and uphold Sandra’s right to tell the truth.”
Staver says he expects a protracted court battle.
“We may have to win this fight a dozen times or more to beat back all the attacks from Planned Parenthood and their allies. Our legal team is pulling out all of the stops to win this battle,” he added. “We are fighting a massive cover up by Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry that involves the most gruesome of abortion procedures and the trafficking of human body parts in the multi-billion dollar abortion industry. Sandra’s investigative work blew the lid off Planned Parenthood’s dirty secrets, and now they desperately want to silence her voice, fine her, and throw her in jail.”
He called the battle one akin to David facing Goliath with a billion dollars at its disposal.
“Imagine one person fighting back against this billion-dollar abortion giant as well as the Attorney General from the largest state in the union with hundreds of millions of dollars in his budget,” he said.
The Center for Medical Progress expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all of them:
In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.
- The 15th video catches Planned Parenthood showing off arms and legs of aborted babies for sale.
- The 16th video talks in detail here about the extent to which Planned Parenthood abortion clinic staffers gave the 3rd-party contractors at StemExpress access to private patient medical information inside the abortion clinics in order to match with and fulfill body parts orders from StemExpress customers.
- The 17th video features a former employee of the middleman Planned Parenthood used to sell the aborted baby parts who makes it clear that the sales were for-profit as opposed to merely fees or shipping costs.