A pro-life student organization is not happy that Senator Rand Paul has announced his opposition to the Graham-Cassidy Healthcare bill that would repeal portions of Obamacare and defund the Planned Parenthood abortion business.
The Kentucky senator says he opposes the legislation because it does not fully repeal Obamacare. However. leading pro-life groups are supporting the bill because it represents the only legitimate chance to pass a measure through Congress that would defund the nation’s biggest abortion company.
Today, Students for Life of America informed LifeNews that it will consider Rand Paul to be “on the same side” as Planned Parenthood if he does not vote for the legislation.
Kristan Hawkins, president of Students for Life of America told LifeNews: “We are calling on Senator Rand Paul to either support a pro-life health care reform bill, like Graham-Cassidy, or propose one that can pass now.
Hawkins continued, “The disastrous status quo that is Obamacare is harming families, using our taxpayer dollars to fund abortion, and line the pockets of Planned Parenthood’s billion dollar abortion industry. Voting against Graham-Cassidy would put Senator Paul on the same side as the abortion Goliath, Planned Parenthood.”
The pro-life student leader said, “Planned Parenthood has lied to the American public, committed fraud with taxpayer dollars, and has been proven to sell the body parts of babies they abort for profit. Yet, Congress continually fails to defund Planned Parenthood. The pro-life generation is sick of being told to wait until another election season has passed. We are expecting Congress to uphold their promises and stop subsidizing America’s largest abortion vendor.”
SIGN THE PETITION! Congress Must De-Fund Planned Parenthood Immediately
Hawkins says her group will be visiting Senator Rand Paul’s instate office and call on him to vote yes for Graham-Cassidy. Today, pro-life students visit Senator Rand Paul’s Kentucky office and call on him to vote for the bill as part of a national tour through the states of strategically chosen U.S. Senators and more than 90 college campuses.
“The timing of this campaign is key as a pending vote in the U.S. Senate can redirect scarce tax dollars from the nation’s number one abortion vendor, Planned Parenthood, to real medical facilities that help women and their preborn children,” Hawkins said.
The United States Senate will vote next week on legislation to defund the Planned Parenthood abortion business.
This is the latest attempt to pass the reconciliation bill after previous attempts proved unsuccessful because not every Republican would get on board with the legislation. Senator John McCain of Arizona is uncommitted on the legislation and Paul is already a no vote on the bill because he says it doesn’t repeal Obamacare fully — even though such bills have failed and this is the only chance to defund the Planned Parenthood abortion business during this session of Congress.
Two pro-abortion Republican members, Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, are likely going to be no votes as they have been before. Republicans can afford only two no votes and still be able to break a tie with pro-life vice president Mike Pence. That would require both McCain and one other Senator to be on board from among this group of four recalcitrant lawmakers.
Recently, the abortion chain Planned Parenthood finally released its annual report.
The report shows increases in abortion numbers and taxpayer funding in 2015, alongside decreases in contraception, breast exams and overall patient numbers.
Planned Parenthood continued to maintain its status as the largest abortion provider in the United States. The abortion group performed 328,348 abortions on unborn babies, 4,349 more than the previous year, according to the report.
At the same time, it saw 2.4 million patients, about 100,000 fewer than the previous year and about 500,000 fewer than five years ago. Contraception services, which the abortion chain touts as its primary service, also dropped from 2.94 million to 2.8 million during the past two years.
Meanwhile, the abortion chain received more taxpayer funding. The report shows Planned Parenthood receiving $554.6 million, up from $553.7 million the previous year. This increase occurred while pro-abortion President Barack Obama was in power.
This pattern is consistent with its annual reports from the past several years. Abortions and taxpayer funding keep going up, while patient numbers and other services go down.
A congressional investigation into the abortion business involving its sales of aborted baby parts concluded with lawmakers recommended that Congress defund it. Planned Parenthood also has been caught in numerous scandals involving Medicaid fraud and failures to report suspected sex trafficking and sexual abuse of minors.
Earlier this year, Planned Parenthood leaders refused an offer to receive an increase in taxpayer funding if they stopped doing abortions. CEO Cecile Richards called the offer “obscene and insulting,” making it very clear that abortions – not women’s health care – are what really are important to Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood claims it is an essential provider of women’s health care, but its own annual reports show it continues to center its practices around aborting unborn babies.
President Donald Trump promised to sign a bill that would defund the Planned Parenthood abortion business.
Recent polls also indicate Americans support the defunding efforts. New polling found 56 percent of Americans in battleground states want Planned Parenthood defunded.
The abortion company has also been exposed for selling the body parts of aborted children. The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all 14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.