The Senate will vote next week on legislation that is expected to repeal Obamacare and defund the Planned Parenthood abortion business.
The House has already approved the reconciliation bill to accomplish both of those tasks and the Senate has been working for months trying to iron out language that will please both Liberal Republicans as well as conservatives. Liberal Republicans Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska support abortion and have been a thorn in the side of Republican leaders attempting to put this bill together because they oppose defunding the Planned Parenthood abortion company.
Meanwhile pro-life Republican Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky has been a holdout on the bill as well because he believes it doesn’t go far enough and repealing every aspect of Obamacare.
Leading pro-life organizations have been calling for months for the Senate to move forward with the legislation after the house nearly approved it. Today news reports indicated they will get their wish.
House Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday the Senate plans to vote next week on a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare following the Thursday release of the legislative details, and a price tag provided by the Congressional Budget Office.
“I expect to have a discussion draft on Thursday,” said McConnell, R-Ky. “And we’ll go to the bill obviously once we get a CBO score. Likely next week.”
McConnell said Republican lawmakers are wrapping up “intense discussions” about how to write the bill. Vice President Pence and Health and Human Service Secretary Tom Price met privately with Republican senators at their daily lunch on Tuesday.
The Senate version is not going to replicate a House-passed bill, which means if the Senate can pass it, lawmakers would have to negotiate a compromise that can pass both chambers.
Republicans continued private talks on healthcare reform as Democrats protested their exclusion from the discussions and lack of public hearings on the legislation. But Republicans say Democrats have shown no interest in negotiating.
“They are not interested in what we are trying to achieve at all,” McConnell said.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all14:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.
- The 14th video: catches Planned Parenthood executives discussing gruesome abortion procedures and the sale of body parts from aborted babies for profit.