Every other Tuesday we publish a new episode of the Equipped for Life Podcast, available to everyone who purchases our course, “Equipped for Life: A Fresh Approach to Conversations about Abortion.” Generally these podcast episodes won’t be available to the general public, but we plan on occasionally making exceptions, and we’ve decided to make our 11th episode the first one we make available to everybody.
This is the first part in a two-part series on practical sidewalk counseling tips, from the person who has impressed me most with the way he thinks about decision making in front of abortion facilities, our Operations Coordinator Jacob Nels.
Here are some of the topics we cover in this episode:
- Understanding the mindset of a lot of the people who show up at abortion facilities;
- Learning important facts about the abortion facility, like when they do abortions;
- The primary things Jacob says while sidewalk counseling;
- The very careful way Jacob invites people to view a graphic abortion image;
- Two reasons why Jacob offers to buy meals for the people he talks to;
- What Jacob says when his main “pitch” falls on deaf ears, that he would never say at the beginning of the conversation.
Download Audio MP3 | 00:43:04
- Jacob Nels: Why We Need Male Sidewalk Counselors
- Timothy Brahm: Abortion Images: A Case for Disagreement without Division
- Timothy Brahm: Learning to Allow Space for the Thinking Pause
- If you’re interested in using ERI’s outreach brochure for your own sidewalk counseling and/or other outreaches, email Josh directly about that
The post “FREE PODCAST: The Primary Things Jacob Says While Sidewalk Counseling” originally appeared at the Equal Rights Institute blog.