The resolution to stop the Washington D.C. Assisted Suicide Act is coming up for a crucial vote. H.J. Res 27 is scheduled to be marked up in the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on Monday, Feb 13, at 5:30 pm EST.
There are only three days left for you to make a difference.
Please call your members of Congress and urge them to vote for H.J. Res 27! You can:
- Call the U.S. Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121;
- Find your Representative with your ZIP code; or
- If you know your Representative’s name, look his/her number up on this list.
Once you are connected, tell the staffer on the line that you are a constituent and would like the Representative to know that you support Resolution 27 and you oppose assisted suicide.
- Representatives Brad Wenstrup and Phil Roe: Washington DC assisted suicide Act puts patients at risk and prioritizes cost over compassion.
- Margaret Dore: Why the DC assisted suicide Act 21-577 must be rejected.